Thorssoli's First Order Builds - Captain Phasma FINISHED on Page 21!

Re: TFA Flametrooper (and Snowtrooper) Helmet Build

Do you plan to make the TIE pilot too ?

It crossed my mind. I'll need to get the flametrooper out of my system first though.

To that end, I boxed up the aerator prototypes for molding:

Then I poured in some rubber:

The mold came out great:

Here's the first casting:

That was basically just to clear the last little bits of the prototype out of the mold. Then I cold cast a pair with aluminum powder and installed them into a helmet:

I'm pretty happy with the end result:

I grabbed an old can of flat black paint and a slightly too large brush and added in the stripes:

I'm calling this one my rough draft:

Next I'll be painting one up with proper automotive paints and clearcoat for that First Order shine.

I'll also be installing a bit of tinted acrylic into the eye slit and adding some breathable mesh to the mouth hole.

Stay tuned...

Re: Thorssoli's Episode VII Builds

Out of the workshop for a couple of days, so it's time to focus on the digital side:

I've also changed the thread title from "TFA Flametrooper (and Snowtrooper) Helmet Build to "Thorssoli's Episode VII Builds."

It's about to become a better description of what's coming...

Awesome work! I hope you don't mind I thought I'd try on the Flametrooper helmet haha
Flametrooper Steve 3 (EXP).jpg

Awesome work! I hope you don't mind I thought I'd try on the Flametrooper helmet haha

Looks good. Let me know if you'd like to get one for yourself. I've got a run going in the classifieds.

Not yet. May be with the action figure release.
I guess it's basicaly a flametrooper with storm visor and a moving visor on the top.

I should be starting on the pilot in the coming week. Looks like there's really nothing to see on the back of the helmet.

I can also help, if you want.

Sounds good. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance.

UPDATE:

The Phasma helmet parts are all cut out:

Of course, laid out like that, they don't really look like much. Here's the bottom half assembled:

Here I am filing out some of the thickness on the inside to make it so my head will fit inside (the material is 3/4" thick in places):

Here it is in between a couple of clone trooper helmets for reference. The one on the left is a clonesix helmet and the one on the right is the same size as the MR EpIII helmets:

The Phasma helmet is pretty much the same size as my eFx stormtrooper helmets. I'll dig one of those out and get a side-by-side pic soon.

In the meantime, here's a pic of me wearing the prototype:

And finally, here's the prototype in primer:

Little dog approves:

Looks really good! And you can do the, in something that will buff like chrome? Hmm.... Interesting! :D

Wow! So it would look pretty damn fantastic!

I hope so. For right now I'm doing a lot of smoothing on the prototype. This morning it looked like so:

Then I added some filler:

And did some sanding:

And a bit more filling and sanding:

Then I sprayed on a coat of primer to see how it was going:

It looks even better with the grill insert in place:

Right now it looks about like so:

The teardrop details and grill aren't fixed in place yet. I'll be doing that after I'm done with all of the really rough filling and sanding is done.

Here's another shot in profile:

Finally, here it is next to my Master Replicas stormtrooper bucket for scale:

More progress tomorrow. Stay tuned...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back