ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

That's correct but it seems that the MerrSonn, (you can see the cut off mount disk at the rear and the Mystery disk area covered by the imperial dohicky.) for some unknown reason, were cast with the prewar lower, than at some point the lowers were swapped for the commercial solid safety lower for the hero. The Luke Stunt was a cast from that version and lower as I understand it.

The question is if the NR upper is the same as the HERO or the lower for that matter.

^ Nice observation there, scottjua! I think you just conclusively torpedoed the notion that this gun became Han Solo's hero blaster. Kpax, what in the world got you thinking about this? It seemed everything was nicely tied up, but nooooo, you just couldn't leave it alone could you? :D

Last edited:
I'm seeing two distinct chamfers...

And... I might WANT to see this, but it looks to me that the flat part of the receiver... the flat portion between the ejection port is a tad longer on the NR gun too....

Also... it looks like two different serials. Size and placing of numbers are slightly different.

Also... the start of the bull barrel on the NR is further up the frame. The ANH starts 1-2mm after the side rail flare. The NR looks to start another mm after.

Also... like you mentioned, I think the side rail scallops/grooves are more prominent in the NR gun.

ok...wait... let me confuse myself further:

craycray.jpg

one scratch under the serial matches... or does it?

The other details don't match...

Maybe bull barrel was replaced later for ANH? Maybe aliens planted the photo evidence!!!

Maybe it's time for bed...

ok...wait... let me confuse myself further:

http://www.scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/craycray.jpg

one scratch under the serial matches... or does it?

The other details don't match...

Maybe bull barrel was replaced later for ANH? Maybe aliens planted the photo evidence!!!

Maybe it's time for bed...

The "scratch" under the serial number is not a scratch but a proof mark. It is a crown and a U set sideways. Look at the ref pics I posted of all the barrel details. Most c96s have this mark. You can't make out the proof mark well enough to tell on the NR image.

The "dent" above the proofmark is what I see different...but could be lighting too.

327729237.jpg

The scratches you point out at the rear are there. The post hero has some damage there too but "more" so it's hard to tell.

There it is... !

It was pretty late and I forgot about the crown U mark.

OK... so the other details point to it being a different upper too... TO ME anyway.

ok... on a different note...

After I shot the video I finagled the bull barrel more and moved it even further back with more filing and work. Also the gap is gone.

ALSO

I was just checking out my Run 2 parts for my live fire build, and I noticed the replica scope's dimensions are off in a couple of ways from my two real ones.

If I remember right, the first run, had a slightly longer bell... but I could be remembering wrong and thinking of the MR.

Anyway, the new run scope has a perfect sized rear bell, but the length of the tube overall is longer than both of my real ones and the windage knob would be in the wrong place.

I'm only curious, as it's still GORGEOUS... but was the new run's scope based off a real one? There are so many variations, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

I tried swapping the windage knob assemblies between both of my real ones, and while they LOOK similar inside, the internals are so very slightly different that neither windage assembly will fit on the other. Crazy how they made stuff 100 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
The scope was based on a real scope and compared to the scale of the ANH scope.

As you say, there were many variations and minor size differences in all the original scopes I have seen images of.

Nice work and love the sound!

Last edited:
...you're welcome. But to be fair, Dave at DEC made the parts. Carson (deadbolt) 3d modeled the parts.

Glad they turned out so well and everyone is so happy.

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered my mini blaster as well. I got to see the flash hider when I visited the shop earlier this year. It was an exquisite little piece of art!

Great video, thanks Dave!

It looks like the strange lump is on that particular Mauser too, so I think we can safely say that the ANH Hero's upper was at least used in the Sweeney. Very interesting.. Especially considering the case and all of the parts in it look the same as in the Naked Runner, except the liner of the case apparently was changed to red for some reason..? I'm guessing it's possible that Bapty made a spare set for The Naked Runner since the Mauser itself so far appears to be different.

-Carson

...I don't see the lump on the Sweeney gun. the best shot/still at bottom does not seem to show the lump. The scallop at the rear of the rail can be seen going up, and there is no step at the top that I can see.

do you see other details.?

xp3v.jpg

Great video, thanks Dave!

... the case and all of the parts in it look the same as in the Naked Runner, except the liner of the case apparently was changed to red for some reason...

-Carson

Yeah, I figure they decided the red interior on the case would stand out more on TV. If you look closely along the inside edges you can see that all they did was spray paint it red lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back