Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Yeah, even far thicker plastic will yield to score and snap. It is just patience, don't go too deep in 1 cut. A few passes and it snaps off, like breaking a chocolate bar. Tight curves might warrant the dremel though.

Got my soft parts from ANOVOS today. They aren't terrible, but a set of under armor would likely be better. I haven't tried it on yet, so can't comment on fit. The gloves are rubber.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456212801.279185.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456212809.412525.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456212817.284373.jpg

The gloves are totally dish gloves. The shirt is definitely too small for me. Not sure about the pants. If they dropped the ball anywhere, it was here.

Still, I'm not gonna complain. $350 for all this is ridiculous. In a good way.

I had to unfollow (but not leave) the FB group because my feed was PACKED with newb questions. Folks who have never made a prop or costume in their lives, bless 'em. :)

I had to unfollow (but not leave) the FB group because my feed was PACKED with newb questions. Folks who have never made a prop or costume in their lives, bless 'em. :)

My issue, ahem, BEING a first time builder, is given how wonky the sculpt is, there are a lot of valid questions to be asked on this thing, but the format of a FB group is TOTALLY and spectacularly unsuited to the purpose of trying to help people. There's no way to find anything again once it slips down the page, which means the exact same questions keep getting asked over and over again, which means useful posts get shoved down the page, which means the same questions get asked over and over again, which means...I think at this point my goto reference will be idratherkissawookie, as he seems to be a newish builder, and therefore is going into detail every step of the way. Ukwraths' thread, posted as the definitive answer on the subject, skips too many details for my tastes, likely because he's a very experienced builder and some stuff is just second nature to him at this point.

On Facebook, when you see a post you think is useful, you can save it. You can also use the search feature within a group using keywords to look for a post you might be missing.

Yeah, the nature of a FB group isn't really suited for this. Years ago they had a forum feature that they got rid of, and now common questions are asked regularly because of the traffic.

I'm getting more and more confident in my my decision to just get the Tier 1 completed ensemble. I never put anything together before and this thread is making it seem like the wrong time to start. Now if they'd just let us know when the ensemble is going to ship...

Same here. Those newbs could easily visit some of the cool FISD build threads, where most of the questions would be instantly answered if they read the detailed posts there. But it's easier for many of them just to post the same question over and over. FB is getting more boring each day...

same here. Those newbs could easily visit some of the cool fisd build threads, where most of the questions would be instantly answered if they read the detailed posts there. But it's easier for many of them just to post the same question over and over. Fb is getting more boring each day...
But what about my shins!!!!!? Are they on the right way?!!! Someone told me Anovos made them wrong! Why aren't the forearms the same??!!! Where are my soft goods???!!! Should i use a gluestick to assemble this?

I think it was the shins that they said are mislabeled. Their numbers pit L outside and R inside together and vice versa. Makes for an overlap on one and large gap on the other. Swap the pieces out and your good.

Why the right arm piece is that way - no clue.

But if you follow the FISD build - he points out every single thing and what to do.

Yeah, it's pretty funny actually - on the FB build group there's been much whining and moaning from the, literal, rivet-counters about the gloves just being cheap rubber gloves, and not hundred-dollar flight gloves. :facepalm

Flight gloves are usually under $30. And the people complaining on the FB group are not the rivet counters... the rivet counters know it's supposed to be exactly the way it is.

The forearms aren't the same because the forearms aren't the same. I was hanging out on the FISD back when Brian Muir first got interviewed there, and when asked why the different number of indents in the forearms, he was rather surprised. He hadn't realized at the time that he'd miscounted, and no one had ever mentioned it to him. If something like that got missed... ;)

--Jonah

I think it was the shins that they said are mislabeled. Their numbers pit L outside and R inside together and vice versa. Makes for an overlap on one and large gap on the other. Swap the pieces out and your good.

Why the right arm piece is that way - no clue.

But if you follow the FISD build - he points out every single thing and what to do.

The shins WERE mis-labeled. In SOME of the kits. (so no consistent answer either way)

The right arm is the way it is because that's how the originals were. It's accurate.

Ukswrath's build on FISD is indeed accurate, but he actually missed the shin issue because he totally ignored the numbers, since he knows the armor so well. Then he accidentally compounded the problem by giving the all-clear to a "fixed" photo that was actually backwards, and it was longer still until someone else spotted the issue, meanwhile people had started copying the "fixed" sample so they built theirs wrong.

It was quite a cluster.

Finally all shaken out, now, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here. Those newbs could easily visit some of the cool FISD build threads, where most of the questions would be instantly answered if they read the detailed posts there. But it's easier for many of them just to post the same question over and over. FB is getting more boring each day...

Agreed. It would actually be easier if the FISD website didn't require registration (even if free for all) to see threads. Newbs click a link, and get rejected, and don't go any further.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back