Prince (musician) just died

Not a real fan of his work, but every person that dies, is always a tragedy. I hope he finds piece. He sure had an interesting life!

Wow, an incredible talented musician. Had a huge impact in music and quite the impression when I was in high school with the Purple Rain soundtrack. Sorry to hear this news.

original.jpg

Last edited:
:cry
He was certainly an icon. His newer stuff was odd, but no one could deny his talent. Since, In my opinion, music as an art form peaked in the 80's :)D) I have a deep appreciation for his work.

At this rate, next year's Oscars is going to take FOREVER.

Not a fan,never will be but an unfortunate thing to flop over at that age.

My advice is to not start taking bets who's gonna go next,you'll probably win.

Amazing musician and songwriter. Little Red Corvette and Take Me With You are two of my favorite songs by any artist ever.

Prince also wrote a lot of great songs for other artists. Such a pioneering and prolific talent.

Thanks, Prince.

The Wook

From the flu of all things. He had to be one of the most prolific modern musicians. He pretty much created the most memorable sounds of the 80s.

From the flu of all things. He had to be one of the most prolific modern musicians. He pretty much created the most memorable sounds of the 80s.

Now I'm trying to be respectful here but I've heard so many bleating this.....excuse me but what about Billy Idol? the Eurythmics? the Cars? and so on? I respect his talent but he DIDN'T make the whole generation/decade Tonto.......

So young. MAN.

RIP :(

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm trying to be respectful here but I've heard so many bleating this.....excuse me but what about Billy Idol? the Eurythmics? the Cars? and so on? I respect his talent but he DIDN'T make the whole generation/decade Tonto.......

Queen, Michael Jackson... Loads of huge influences through the 80's. Prince was definitely a strong one though. Also wrote tonnes for other artists.

So young. MAN.

RIP :(

- - - Updated - - -

Queen, Michael Jackson... Loads of huge influences through the 80's. Prince was definitely a strong one though. Also wrote tonnes for other artists.

It was the same with Jackson,I do respect they had an impact but there was and always be a lot of people who made an era,if a single person is all that one can name as "the best" I actually feel sorry for them,go out and listen to something else for gawd's sake.

He was bigger than everyone you just mentioned there. Only other artists in the 80's that could match his level of fame were Jacko and Madonna. Whether you liked him or not that's not really up for debate.

He was bigger than everyone you just mentioned there. Only other artists in the 80's that could match his level of fame were Jacko and Madonna. Whether you liked him or not that's not really up for debate.

Agreed. I would also add Springsteen to that list, maybe U2, but Prince helped launch MTV and pop music of the '80's. I loved Billy Idol, the Cars, and the Eurythmics but they weren't even in the same league as far as influence and popularity.

I never was a fan of his or his music but I can respect the influence and legacy of his work. I mean, say what you will, but I still admire the soundtrack for Batman just for how jarring it was.

Also, Chyna died? SCANDALOUS!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back