Ok I decided to make a Life Sized Vader! Need help for Dave Prowse Mannequin sizing!

Re: Ok I decided to make a Life Sized Vader! Need help for Dave Prowse Mannequin sizi

There was a lot of debate on the prop Den saying that the above were wrong since he wasn't a bodybuilder at that time any more, and they were saying that he was not as tall as 207cm dressed. But nothing really conclusive!

Actually I really would like at least some of them to show up and saying the last word on this issue, maybe tey're too busy to secret plot and discuss on some cast lineage to waist their time with a newcomer as I am!:facepalm:cry

Regards,

Alberto

So and what are you expecting?? Someone who made all the measurements you need nearly 40 years ago?? There are no measurements out there that are 100 % correct. Just some pics you have to look on and see it crystal clear that his body doesnt look anymore like during his days as a bodybuilder. And the very few people who had measurements of a screen used suit are not interested in to make it official or dont know your and the other threads we are discussing his body form and measurements. This has nothing to do with beeing elitist or bull**** like that. I made a comment in this thread at the very beginning and you even didnt make a comment....so for you again......no accurately measurements out there, just pics on which you can see how he looked during filming and the info that he was NOT taller than 1,98m-2,00m without and 2,06-2,07m in costume. 'You wont get more infos.
@Chaim Beeing a long time Den member myself and starting as a completely newbie to the scene nearly ten years ago i can tell you that you wont find a place to get more accurate infos about Vader ....to name this forum just you made a bad experience with one member is not ok. Beside this its everybodys right to share and not to share his opinion/infos ....if they are right or wrong :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ok I decided to make a Life Sized Vader! Need help for Dave Prowse Mannequin sizi

Thanks Darth Niob ... for sharing your opinion ... and you are correct the Den has the most accurate info to date, indeed, ... also having met Dave Prowse myself and enjoyed in a lively conversation I can only share that his body has quite a unique shape ... especially his upper chest :)

Chaim

Thanks Darth Niob ... for sharing your opinion ... and you are correct the Den has the most accurate info to date, indeed, ... also having met Dave Prowse myself and enjoyed in a lively conversation I can only share that his body has quite a unique shape ... especially his upper chest :)

Chaim

Cheers mate:thumbsup

So and what are you expecting?? Someone who made all the measurements you need nearly 40 years ago?? There are no measurements out there that are 100 % correct. Just some pics you have to look on and see it crystal clear that his body doesnt look anymore like during his days as a bodybuilder. And the very few people who had measurements of a screen used suit are not interested in to make it official or dont know your and the other threads we are discussing his body form and measurements. This has nothing to do with beeing elitist or bull**** like that. I made a comment in this thread at the very beginning and you even didnt make a comment....so for you again......no accurately measurements out there, just pics on which you can see how he looked during filming and the info that he was NOT taller than 1,98m-2,00m without and 2,06-2,07m in costume. 'You wont get more infos.
@Chaim Beeing a long time Den member myself and starting as a completely newbie to the scene nearly ten years ago i can tell you that you wont find a place to get more accurate infos about Vader ....to name this forum just you made a bad experience with one member is not ok. Beside this its everybodys right to share and not to share his opinion/infos ....if they are right or wrong :)

I didn't mean to disrespect anyone around here, sorry to had You disappointed on the fact that I didn't comment on Your post, but I was waiting more help by the guys that made astonishing 1:1 lifesize statues and there are a lot.
I think maybe it's a bit too harshy to react like this,:( I tried to read everything around, researching before even doing a thread like this.:rolleyes

It would have been great to share how to make a really accurate sizing, for the community and erase that haze of mystery around, not just saying that will be kept forever as a secret! I think it's not fair, that's it!

I would like to point out that I'm an actual TM possessor and I think that maybe a help from the seniors who helped me join the club in the better way, thinking that maybe I deserve, would have been great at least by pm'ing. I didn't expect something like this expecially from You!:cry

Sorry it sounded to You as an offense:behave My bad.

FYI I also followed Your suggestion and bought from Custom Props, so did read Your post, I thank You very much for the suggestions, sorry for being late on this, You're really right!:D

Regards,

Alberto

No prob mate and its all good. And regarding accuratelely sized Vader displayes...there arent that many out there ;)

Really curious to see the Custom props 3pcs leather suit! Will they´ll do the robe & cape as well or do you have another source for them?

My 1:1 Vader currently features soft parts, designed to MY specs (1,96m/ 96kg), since I used to troop. But I always played with the idea to upgrade to a Prowse-sized setup some day.

Just to bring some more confusion into the whole "size" discussion...back the days, when I built my DV, DP was supposed to be 2,03m w/o (!) costume. :lol

Markus

CP offers a cape set as well, but its not the best quality. His suit is good and even great for that price. Sadly its kind of a lottery if his workers manage to make the suit in the size as ordered ;)

Regarding Vaders size....if you go for his height in all the books he is exactly 2,02m....so thats also accurate :)

Really curious to see the Custom props 3pcs leather suit! Will they´ll do the robe & cape as well or do you have another source for them?

My 1:1 Vader currently features soft parts, designed to MY specs (1,96m/ 96kg), since I used to troop. But I always played with the idea to upgrade to a Prowse-sized setup some day.

Just to bring some more confusion into the whole "size" discussion...back the days, when I built my DV, DP was supposed to be 2,03m w/o (!) costume. :lol

Markus

As soon as it arrives I'll post the Photos, Im definitely curious as well, since Claudio said to have already Prowse's measures!
I asked for WIP potos too, hope to have them and I'll post right away!

Regards,

Alberto

CP offers a cape set as well, but its not the best quality. His suit is good and even great for that price. Sadly its kind of a lottery if his workers manage to make the suit in the size as ordered ;)

Regarding Vaders size....if you go for his height in all the books he is exactly 2,02m....so thats also accurate :)

Ok I'll try to get a mannequin to the height of 2.02 roger that!:thumbsup

Thanks!:)

I ordered the cape and robe set, along with the chestbox strapping with d-rings, from Kev Vader! But with his pace they'll arrive in the Summer!:cry

Regards,

Alberto

Seems KevVader is the guy to reach for an excellent cape and robe set ... but there's a long waiting list ... and costs for shipping and customs alone can run into $200 having it shipped to Europe. I have a 'used' cape and robe set from either Custom Props or Fenix for my friend's Darth Ugly ... and it's okay. It seems they changed from 6 pieces of fabric to 4 for the cape which is quite an improvement ... mine has 6 but my friend is not that particular about it :)

Chaim

P.S. Marcus I might just be interested in your suit if you consider an upgrade ;)

Ok I'll try to get a mannequin to the height of 2.02 roger that!:thumbsup

Thanks!:)

I ordered the cape and robe set, along with the chestbox strapping with d-rings, from Kev Vader! But with his pace they'll arrive in the Summer!:cry

Regards,

Alberto

For a movie accurate Vader your mannequin should be 1,98m without costume and 2,06m with full costume. If you prefer the height of Vader in all the coffee table books go for 2,02m in full costume :)

For a movie accurate Vader your mannequin should be 1,98m without costume and 2,06m with full costume. If you prefer the height of Vader in all the coffee table books go for 2,02m in full costume :)

LOL Ok mate lesson learnt, thank You ver much!:thumbsup
This is exactly the type of clarification needed that wasn't present in the Den!:thumbsup

Regards,

Alberto

Alberto, looking forward to seeing your pictures mate!
:cool
All the best, Enrico

Thanks Enrico,
but I have no real updates about, Claudio Oliver wrote me that he is behind schedule, so he delayed my suit 2 weeks!:cry
I found a great poseable mannequin, but it's no more in stock and I'm waiting from them a reply on future availability!
Hope to have nicer news soon!

Regards,

Alberto

I think is against the rules to post direct links, I'll send You in pm! :thumbsup
Should anyone who would like the link feel free to ask me by pm!

Regards,

Alberto

Ok Custom Prop's 3 Pieces suit arrived!

Inner Shirt:

CIMG1772.JPGCIMG1773.JPGCIMG1774.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Outer Gilet:

CIMG1775.JPGCIMG1776.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Pants:

CIMG1777.JPGCIMG1778.JPG
CIMG1779.JPGCIMG1780.JPG
CIMG1781.JPG

Regards,

Alberto

Are you satisfied? the quilting looks pretty asymetrical in some areas :confused
What did you pay in the end?

Markus

@ Markus . . . don't you know by now that STAR WARS is a-symmetrical by definition? :facepalm

When covered with all the other screen-accurate parts, this will look excellent Alberto :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back