Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

Soul, are you going to be producing the track pants or will that be too costly for those wanting to buy?

I guess it's as good a time as any to share these . . .

14648341406_f54378de00_o.jpg

14484685339_8a402039bd_o.jpg

Replicas are a possibility . . . :D

So I know this has been discussed before, but I don't think there was a solid conclusion. At the risk of pissing people off, I have an OP-523 question…

I'm looking at a pair from Japan and they are listed as OP-523 Ti. Someone was saying a while back that those never existed and were an eBay fabrication… does anyone know about that? These say it on the arm. It might be a sticker though, I can't really tell.

The seller in Japan has good feedback and it doesn't look like they sell a lot of OP sunglasses, so it seems like the chances that they are fake is low, but buying from Japan is a whole ordeal to begin with and it'd be hard to deal with later if I couldn't have some reasonable amount of trust in the purchase. I'm a pretty wary buyer so, here I am, asking you all.

Also, I thought the Ti's were re-releases – is that correct? If so, I was under the impression that they were re-released in Blood Red. These ones I am looking at are really more of a Tangerine lens. Definitely not red in the slightest.

So, given that information, can anybody tell me anything about these?

Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 3.30.01 PM.png

As far as the rarity of the 1998 op-523, I find it very strange that two sellers combined have sold about 10 or so pairs of the original op523. I just can't buy that these guys have kept these frames for over ten years. Really weird. There are two more on The Bay right now

- - - Updated - - -

Yea soul. The jacket looks great. Any way you can share some close ups of the distressing u did?

Great work soul. Are those also maxcady pants??

They are indeed. I've added quite a few modifications to them though. I did all the white stitching and added the reflective material. About 4-5 hrs of work have gone into them so far. Stitching lengthwise down the leg is a total PITA!

The op523 ti were produced in Japan for the Japanese market and were never released in the Us. They are 100% identical replications of the 1998 frame except they are in titanium and not in the original shinier metal alloy material. The bridge is the same as the 98 frames, but they have different hinges then the 98, 00, and 08 US re-release. They also have the model and size markings laser printed on the legs, not engraved. Other then the laser printing, the hinge, the duller finish and lighter weight of the pure titanium, they are identical to the frames worn in the film. They don't have the contouring look.
So I know this has been discussed before, but I don't think there was a solid conclusion. At the risk of pissing people off, I have an OP-523 question…

I'm looking at a pair from Japan and they are listed as OP-523 Ti. Someone was saying a while back that those never existed and were an eBay fabrication… does anyone know about that? These say it on the arm. It might be a sticker though, I can't really tell.

The seller in Japan has good feedback and it doesn't look like they sell a lot of OP sunglasses, so it seems like the chances that they are fake is low, but buying from Japan is a whole ordeal to begin with and it'd be hard to deal with later if I couldn't have some reasonable amount of trust in the purchase. I'm a pretty wary buyer so, here I am, asking you all.

Also, I thought the Ti's were re-releases – is that correct? If so, I was under the impression that they were re-released in Blood Red. These ones I am looking at are really more of a Tangerine lens. Definitely not red in the slightest.

So, given that information, can anybody tell me anything about these?

View attachment 349899

It's interesting that someone pointed out to me that the op-523's on eBay which are suppose to be from 1998 and also AJ's frames which are suppose to be from 98 don't have the hinges that came with the original frames. The originals came with five prong hinges. These all have three prongs. I'm willing to be somebody somewhere is manufacturing the op523 in metal alloy with the size on the bridge. I don't believe they are original 1998 frames

It's interesting because someone bought a pair for $999 today. I haven't seen a pair go for that much on eBay ever. Not that I've been watching that long, but I quickly browsed through a few pages of the selling history and not a single pair went for nearly that much.

But, I have also heard that the original 523's from '98 were made in 2 batches with the hinge being the difference between the two. Apparently the first batch has "superior hinges." This was from opticsplanet. Someone on there mentioned it in the FC thread.

It's interesting that someone pointed out to me that the op-523's on eBay which are suppose to be from 1998 and also AJ's frames which are suppose to be from 98 don't have the hinges that came with the original frames. The originals came with five prong hinges. These all have three prongs. I'm willing to be somebody somewhere is manufacturing the op523 in metal alloy with the size on the bridge. I don't believe they are original 1998 frames

Mine have 5 prongs... I will post another shot later when I am home. They are 1998's

- - - Updated - - -

They also have the engraving

- - - Updated - - -

I can also post my 2009 OP 523 too to show the prong difference

IMG_7216.JPG

"Free me from Corporate Art."

IMG_7164.JPG

Marla & Tyler

IMG_7219.JPG

This is at the Bonaventure Hotel in Downtown LA. Here's a comparison shot, can you guess the scene? ;)

IMG_7043.JPG

Marla's apartment located in Downtown LA.

IMG_7126.JPG

The closed down Cliftons Silver Spoon Cafateria located in Downtown LA that was opened into another restaurant.

IMG_7238.JPG

Jack's Condo Tyler Blowsup.

IMG_7240.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7239.JPG
    IMG_7239.JPG
    965.6 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_7163.JPG
    IMG_7163.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Can anybody tell us what a reasonable price for a '98 pair would be? If not, it's understandable, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of paying $999 for a pair that MIGHT be '98s. Even if they ARE '98s, $1k just seems a little nutty to me. I could have Jonathan make me another beautiful jacket for that much. Maybe the 523's are gonna gut me no matter what though. Trying to figure that out, haha.

Also, AWESOME pics D00R!

$300- $400 Shpongled, ive seen them actually sell on ebay for that price. Hagle with them to, if the sellers really want to sell it they will give them to you for $400

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I think those 3 98's were listed either this morning or last night, one has already sold for $999, another has an offer on it for who knows how much. So I'm getting the vibe people are feeling they're worth more than that. I didn't expect them to generate so much interest at that price point. Interesting anyway.

I don't know man. I don't know anyone who's gotten one for less then 700 or 800 lately. Awesome pics Door! Sweet jacket. Is that a logan jacket? And if so is it in lamb or calf skin?

Last edited:
Thanks Danman its a Logan :) I got the standard version its very strong leather, im gonna break it in myself because im rough on my stuff hah.

Looks great Door. That's what I'm going for right there. I thought the standard calf was a lot thicker. Yours looks nice and thin. Looks really good. The lamb just doesn't have the shine I'm looking for. Also want to put shoulder pads in the calf. Good job man.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back