Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

Not at all surprising. The first film was pushed back from 2008 to 2009.

I hope they use the extra time to develop a better-looking Enterprise and less bizarre looking hand props. :sleep.

K

I hope they will using the extra time to add even more lense flare. Let's face it, there was not enough in the last film, and it ruined the film for me.
star-trek-crew-and-lens-flares.jpg

I hope they will using the extra time to add even more lense flare. Let's face it, there was not enough in the last film, and it ruined the film for me.

Actually, I heard the film has already been shot, but post-production to remove the previously added lens flare is taking longer than expected. Thus, the delay.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why Abrams insists on having so much lens flare? I mean, I haven't found any answer as to why he's so infatuated with it.

I had read somewhere that Abrams was so taken with the idea that the Enterprise was brand new, and that the Star Trek future was so "bright and hopeful", that he just went nuts with those lens flares (which were for the most part done on-set by shining lights directly into the camera lens from just out of frame - not a an effect added in post).

Since the release though Abrams has admitted that maybe he went a little overboard on the flares.

k

Im a continuity freak.
Im really hoping we don't see re-designed uniforms and sets. I rather enjoyed the way everything looked, despite what the haters have to say on the matter.

I would love to see Bones get more screen time. Urban would have made Kelley proud with how closely he played the role to the original character.

^ Agreed times ten. If this film doesn't FOCUS on the trilogy that is Spock, Kirk and McCoy, I WILL throw a plush Tribble at the screen.

Obv. the delay isn't great to hear, unless it translates to quality.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back