Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Does any one have any spare spiral spinner, skirts or even a chain guard for sale? Lol Just thought I ask. I Don't really have access to tools and equipment for those type of modifications.

I used a automotive worm clamp to hold my compass on. Painted it red to match the frame. Not correct but didn't want holes in my frame. It actually kind of blends also

What brings you to this project? Are you primarily bike enthusiasts, movie prop builders, Big Adventure fans or general Pee-wee followers?

I'm a bike enthusiast. I have collected and restored many vintage bikes from the 1910s through the 1960s. My favorites have always been the balloon tire cruisers. I have 2 Schwinn DX bikes and I decided to do something fun for a change instead of my typical stock restoration. I figured there would be no better bike to own than the Pee Wee bike, so that's what got me into this project. It was a lot more work than I expected due to all the customization. The saddlebags especially.

@cracker 302 and bestbike for the project box, what did u type in for search at frys.com/webstore? @BestBike also, where did u get the buttons and what size? 12mm 14mm 16mm?
Thanks

SHROOM: Try some configuration of the following title in the search field for the project box: "TLBA* LMB Heeger Inc. #00Z Chassis Box" . The direct seller was Unique Treasures. As for the buttons: I ordered the 12 mms based on other people's recommendations. I'm still waiting for them to arrive -- but if they look good in scale to the project box size, I'll let you know and would be happy to send you a set of buttons. (I think they come in packs of 10.) Here's the title listing on eBay if you want to check them out: DC 12V 12mm Thread Indicator Light Signal Lamps

KANSASJACK: Thanks for responding to my general question. I'm not far from you and we have corresponded before by e-mail. Maybe our paths will cross sometime. I would love to see your bike -- and I hope to have a bike for you to see someday. Right now I'm gathering parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I've been working on for the past few days.
cg1.JPG

cg2.JPG

cg3.JPG

cg4.JPG

cg5.JPG

cg6.JPG

cg7.JPG

@ bestbike and cracker302 Thanks guys, haven't had a chance to do anything to my bike but i did buy a few accessories that i needed. There should be some progress by this weekend. ill post pics

Finished up the chain guard this morning. I blew up a photo of the hollywood bike chain guard to actual size, then printed it out so I could get the exact shape of the chrome piece. Transfer that to a large piece of chrome trim tape and then masked and painted the black shapes. Looking at some of my pictures of the hollywood bike I think the chrome should actually have some thickness to it, and the black shapes are actually cut out of the chrome with the black being painted underneath it. Does anyone else concur?

cg8.JPG

Here's a photo of the Hollywood bike.
cg9.JPG

And yes, it's steel. These may be made available, but not from me. Sorry I can't say anymore than that, it's not my place.

Yes it's aircraft aluminum. Two pieces tig welded and smoothed. You can't really tell it is other than its a little thicker than steel and weighs nothing

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back