Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Which state?

I'm in Michigan. DHL gave me the phone number to MI customs but I was like what am I going to say? Even if I said they were handmade movie props, they just care that they are replicas. I contacted the shipping department and they asked if they could put it in a different shaped box or declare that it is clothing and not shoes. We will see.

I also wanted to share a quick pic of my old V3's (from a broken set) along side my new Hyperadapts I just won in the Nike drawing over the weekend. These shoes definitely make me less sad about having to sell my RDs a few months back.

nike footwear.jpg

I'm in Michigan. DHL gave me the phone number to MI customs but I was like what am I going to say? Even if I said they were handmade movie props, they just care that they are replicas. I contacted the shipping department and they asked if they could put it in a different shaped box or declare that it is clothing and not shoes. We will see.

As cool as the yellow box seems to be, I honestly think you are better without it at times. This box is big and heavy and it is bound to draw unwanted attention. My 2nd pair shipped with each shoe wrapped in bubble wrap, then both placed in a tough bag. You could feel the shape of the outrigger, but they arrived without issue.

anyone know what wires from the board lead to the ankle bubble?
i need to open up the bucke to fix a bad port but would like to add a resistor to the power for the ankle bubbles as well
adding a resistor fixes the extra brightness

anyone know what wires from the board lead to the ankle bubble?
i need to open up the bucke to fix a bad port but would like to add a resistor to the power for the ankle bubbles as well
adding a resistor fixes the extra brightness

Have you opened the sole or just going in from the heel cup?

Well right shoe is dead again. I think there is a break in the circuit because if I press down inside the shoe on the place battery reside, I get small flickers of all lights. Press the button and nothing.
I removed the battery and noticed that if applied pressure to terminal end, the lights worked. Plug in the charge lead and it will work.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

As cool as the yellow box seems to be, I honestly think you are better without it at times. This box is big and heavy and it is bound to draw unwanted attention. My 2nd pair shipped with each shoe wrapped in bubble wrap, then both placed in a tough bag. You could feel the shape of the outrigger, but they arrived without issue.

That's how they shipped my second pair too, I was wondering if shipping it in a different shaped box or something could help. So they can't feel the shape of them.

Nice FOOTWEAR tube bag.

Thank you :)

Is that one of Jovan's bags?

It sure is, was lucky to snag one about 6 years ago when I got my RDs

Well right shoe is dead again. I think there is a break in the circuit because if I press down inside the shoe on the place battery reside, I get small flickers of all lights. Press the button and nothing.
I removed the battery and noticed that if applied pressure to terminal end, the lights worked. Plug in the charge lead and it will work.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Personally, I don't think jump starting or messing with these batteries is a good idea, when you can replace them for about $12. These are faulty, cheap batteries that technically can catch fire.

Personally, I don't think jump starting or messing with these batteries is a good idea, when you can replace them for about $12. These are faulty, cheap batteries that technically can catch fire.

Yes, I watched a videos that almost scared me. Especially the one where the guy pieced the shell with a screwdriver and it flamed up.

The seller in that link won't ship them to Australia, so hopefully I have a plan B in action.

Looking at it last night, I wonder if I damaged the connectors when I did the jump. Not knowing what I was actually doing on that day, I carefully lifted the top board and bent the connectors up a bit. A good solder joint is shiny. A bad or "dry joint" is dull in appearance, as were these. Maybe moving the metal actually broke the joint and it was more of a case of luck holding the pressure there that allowed it to work. These failed after a quick wear test, so maybe the pressure of my foot was enough to break the connection.

I wonder if that electrical conductive tape used for EL could work to reinforce the join. No solder required then.

I don't think it is the battery. I think my jump start worked. I think the problem is the same as I was having in my V2s and that is wire shorts due to the way our feet move when we walk causing stress on the joins.

Sorry for the blur in the photos. Camera just would not focus this close.

Step 1, remove the yellow plastic.
642df187eec6853bab1d8d80f5fb75cc.jpg

Step 2, add copper tape to the terminals.
53a6e084db74b4f3b3059c21a23b4cb5.jpg

Step3, apply insulation of the terminals.
3b9fc4757c4447c86dc04c6216b9a9f6.jpg

I have not folded these back down. The battery still fits in the recess in the sole.
The isse is that if the wires move, particularly on the EL panel side, there is a short or disconnection and the lights go out.

Step 4, reinstall the battery in the shoe.
aed928e4585d6d520f04b3be11ec8f76.jpg

So I bet these fail again as soon as I put them on. To fix this problem is a complete rewire of the shoe. It would be just easier to use the other pair and display these.

These are mine and they do need some work. I am including all the parts you need in the price plus spares.

They have already been sock toed, tongue extended (trim needs to be added) and you are getting an EL kit.

I've left the heel cup off on purpose so you can run the wires inside the shoe. The shoes alone cost $250USD.

I am including a spare set of clear soles that I normally sell for $120USD. You get my prototype hee cup with the new lettering. These are very close to the shape of the cup on the V3 when placed side by side. The EL cost me about $60. So all up, dollar wise, it is great value. As I said, there is some work ahead of you and you won't be able to just wear them from the get go.

Im using the soles from the costume pair in size 9 (just so you know Im just using the bottom not the rest of the shoe) still not sure though if they are the same shape they look very similar

They are the same shape as the V2, but the sizing may be out. There is NO US9 in the V2, only US9.5 (which is actually a US10).

The V2 US8.5 is probably the same as the HC9 and if that is the case, I have soles for these ready now.

They are the same shape as the V2, but the sizing may be out. There is NO US9 in the V2, only US9.5 (which is actually a US10).

The V2 US8.5 is probably the same as the HC9 and if that is the case, I have soles for these ready now.

Well that sounds great [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji16][emoji13]

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back