Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

I received my DYE and Sea Glow yesterday so decided to Dye my soles right away. here are the pics!

IMG_9888.JPGIMG_9887.JPGIMG_9886.JPGIMG_9885.JPGIMG_9879.JPG
as you can see , something went wrong with the sole. seems like theres a hole there which allowed the dye to get under the sole. dont really care to be honest but keep this is mind if you are going to dye your soles. my pair is a size US 13IMG_9889.JPG

dang. Be careful of that hole (probably where the vertical piece meets the horizontal piece) when cleaning them after wearing, water in there with the electronics won't play nice..... though if it's not dry yet you might be able to clean it out with a little water.

dang. Be careful of that hole (probably where the vertical piece meets the horizontal piece) when cleaning them after wearing, water in there with the electronics won't play nice..... though if it's not dry yet you might be able to clean it out with a little water.

i tryed to get it out with the water but just was not working. so i left them to dry. apart from that i think the blue came out good on the El sole side

as you can see , something went wrong with the sole. seems like theres a hole there which allowed the dye to get under the sole.

attachment.php

To add to what DragonGalvy said. These soles are two pieces and there is a seam between the side and the base. Most of the dye has seeped in through there. From the look of the image, the base of the sole has not been stuck down 100% and some of the dye has leaked in to the cavity from the cutout.

They do look good though. So tempted to go blue now.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=713140&d=1489140438

To add to what DragonGalvy said. These soles are two pieces and there is a seam between the side and the base. Most of the dye has seeped in through there. From the look of the image, the base of the sole has not been stuck down 100% and some of the dye has leaked in to the cavity from the cutout.

They do look good though. So tempted to go blue now.

Totally did not realise that there was gonna be a cavity there but once i noticed it was too late. its ok tho as i wear this pair so i dont think anyone will see it lol. would recommend that you GO BLUE too! the sole's looks so good in person with the blue tint!

i tryed to get it out with the water but just was not working. so i left them to dry. apart from that i think the blue came out good on the El sole side
at least with your experience i know that i'll be dying the shoes not upside down to prevent the water to get into the soles. It is sad for you but thanks for your feedback.

I can't get any die you use guys in France, if somebody would be willing to sale and send me one i would be very interested.

would recommend that you GO BLUE too! the sole's looks so good in person with the blue tint!

OK tomorrow I will buy the blue. Question is, do I buy the same navy blue you guys have been buying or do I get the sky blue?

The difference is, I won't have access to Sea Glow, and the dye I am buying tomorrow is called "Synthetic Dye".

What I didn't realize about the standard dye is that if you dyed some clothes, and thread was cotton, it all takes, the dye. If the thread is synthetic like spun bonded nylon, the thread won't take the dye. This stuff is supposed to dye everything synthetic, so lets hope for a good result.

- - - Updated - - -

at least with your experience i know that i'll be dying the shoes not upside down to prevent the water to get into the soles. It is sad for you but thanks for your feedback.

I can't get any die you use guys in France, if somebody would be willing to sale and send me one i would be very interested.

We don't have Sea Glow here but I can get RIT dye. If you like the results of what I do with mine, I am sure I can send you some.

Dude just get both the dye and sea glow from ebay! that's what i had to do. i live in the UK so none of the shops have rit colour dye and sea glow. Ebay is your friend.

Sea glow - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEA-GLOW-...hash=item4ae6ca1f47:m:mW4umaIqNAXHcjoDUrQmkqw

Rit - Royal Blue : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rit-Dye-F...765841&hash=item4ac9efd89e:g:7woAAOSw1DtXETSs

thats what i did.

- - - Updated - - -

OK tomorrow I will buy the blue. Question is, do I buy the same navy blue you guys have been buying or do I get the sky blue?

The difference is, I won't have access to Sea Glow, and the dye I am buying tomorrow is called "Synthetic Dye".

What I didn't realize about the standard dye is that if you dyed some clothes, and thread was cotton, it all takes, the dye. If the thread is synthetic like spun bonded nylon, the thread won't take the dye. This stuff is supposed to dye everything synthetic, so lets hope for a good result.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't have Sea Glow here but I can get RIT dye. If you like the results of what I do with mine, I am sure I can send you some.

The Rit colour dye is royal blue!

As I've said before cavx I have some sea glow and could send you a small amount to do a couple of coats on your soles if you like. The company that sells it is based in Hawaii. There are also some sneaker heads who make what they call their own "sauce" to clear their soles. They're a few different recipes online for it so you could also make your own equivalent at home if you were so inclined

Last edited by a moderator:

OK, it appears to be UV reactive. Some glues in the plastics industry are the same. They won't kick unless activated by a UV light. A black light (in fact all Fluro lighting produces UV) is usually used in preference to the sun due to the way the light can be controlled onto the parts that need it.

In the last video, it shows why you really don't want to be leaving your shoes in the sun (and I have read many warnings in shoe boxes about this) and that was of course sole separation. Also, if we learned anything from our experiences with the V2, is that some rubber parts will yellow from being exposed to UV. So here you are attempting to de-yellow the clear soles only to be exposing the midsole to UV in the process.

Last edited:
Hey, I was just wondering if the dim el issue was ever fixed with these V3s? I know they were really dim before, I heard that they fixed the led bubble lights but I couldn't find anything about the el so I'm sorry if this has already been answered.

This this the choice of blue at Spotlight.

1117c6783c791a84d6467df8fbc624fd.jpg

The other product does not seem to be in stock.

I am going with the lighter blue. One of those gut feelings.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thought I'd post my updated LED installed. Got these from @WizardBTTF and they make my happy. One shoe done and the next to be done shortly

You didn't waste anytime getting started! Also, as you you probably saw the LEDS are raised from the board a bit...you can bend them slightly to get the spacing a bit better if they are off. You don't want to bend so much you start breaking the epoxy though. I like to put a little bit of glue on the back of the board once I position them how I like, but its not completely needed as the boards are cut to the original size and should fit in there snug already.

They look good. Can you share what technique you used to separate the heel cup?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back