Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

The sport ones have a better fabric/stitching on the lower half than the HC ones. they are basically bottom half is a V2, and top half is a vinyl top collar.
They are also less stiff than the HC shoes. The soles will be the same however.

- - - Updated - - -

Good work.
It still looks though as the Red and Yellow are over powering the green.

Mr David should supply replacement updated LEDs as the current ones suck too much and are too bright overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't you supply the replacement LED panels by themselves?
We can replace them ourselves.

sorry . we do not sell it now . we will think of it

I think it might be time to start a new dedicated V3 thread on how to fix these when they break. if we do this, what I suggest is that all those that have a contributing video to add, PM the OP the link to have it embedded into post #1. That way the reference material stays in one place and is easy to find.

So the batteries in the link that Jedifyfe originally posted have the same type of thing at their cable end . The white plug is different and why the 2nd link is adapter leads. This circuit would be what keeps the battery from over charging.

I spoke with the staff at my local Battery World today and he suggested that these batteries die when over drawn or drained right out. Here I was concerned about memory. So based on his suggestions, what we all need to do is work out the run time you can get (lets assume 4 hours) and either place them back on charge at that time, or turn them off. He suggested running them until they are completely flat is actually bad for LI batteries.

LINK 1 batteries

LINK 2 adaption leads

To further what @cavx said...when your batteries "die" they aren't actually dead. The board on the top of the cell is a protection circuit, designed to cut power to the cell with over charge/discharge. You can pretty easily bring the cell back to life so it will work again, without actually buying a new battery. The circuit cuts off the battery at the 3-3.2v range. Doing this once will not hurt, but its not something you want to do constantly to a battery. (Picture it like jump starting a car battery)

Undo the yellow thermal tape expose the flat wires going to the board, connect them to a 5v 500-1000ma power supply (normal USB port will do) for about 15-30 minutes and your battery will charge enough to enable the circuit board again. You can now fully charge it with the actual shoe charger, and use it again like normal. (Its very important you get the polarity correct when charging them manually, and to not over charge) Only 15-30minutes to get the battery back up over the 3.2v DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED OR OVER CHARGE. And charge your shoes every 3-4 weeks even if you don't wear them.

View attachment 707454View attachment 707455

WOW! Really? Damn. I guess I have nothing to lose and a heap to gain here. Thank you. You really are a Wizzard!

I never received the actual charger with my shoes, so my charge set up is two USB to 0.7mm leads that I plug into a dual USB charger. Each lead has a removeable 0.7mm tip. Connecting that is simply two pins. If I remove the tip, place two thin wires inside the holes on the lead, I should have exactly what is required here.

And I will do this outside so if it blows up, damage in minimal :)

They actually look like different models in some of the pictures. I asked for pictures of the actual shoes. If others do it also we can compare notes after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I don't like DLGate and other sites. They just don't offer customer service. Even $200USD is a lot of money for a pair of reps, so you'd expect to see images of the product you are buying. But unfortunately, it seems to be a case of (we think they are all the same) even though we have identified at least 6 different variances.

So from V2 (branded with boot toe box and LED lights in the sole) we have -

1. V2 well made, branded, LEDs in the sole.
2. HC (no branding, same type of lighting and even bigger toe box lots of extra stitching)
3. Sports version (no branding, same material as V2, same toe box, same sole and lights, crappy vinyl ears above the strap)
4. V2.1 R (remote controlled of V2 with light up strap)
5. V2.2 slimmed toe version of the V2 with light up strap
6. V2.3 pretty much a V3 upper with the grain running 90 degrees to the shoe and V2 sole but in light grey

The V3 the most expensive but also the most accurate MAG since the 2011 release of the real NIKE MAG. Given variant 4, 5 and 6 came out after the V3, it make you wonder why they even bothered.

@Rep_MAG_Experts, If I missed any variants, please add them in.

sorry . we do not sell it now . we will think of it
davidjones888, please continue to update the V3 only. Please DO NOT add other variants into the mix. We have an almost perfect version of the MAG as it is. If you are going to fix anything physical about the shoe, I would ask that you look at the mid-sole and make the small corrections to that. Yes the electronics are important, but so is the actual shape of the shoe.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really helps. Also, I'm picturing an enormous Australian insect off camera around the 5 minute mark :D

Ahh, that's just my pet spider Wedgy :)

Yeah they get big here, but I won't kill them. I scoop them up and throw them into the garden. And you know they are big when they make a THUD sound when they hit the ground. Whilst I don't like their messy webs, the daddy long legs keep the red-backs away and the huntsmen seem to control the other undesirables. So they are actually good.

What I don't like is seeing one crawl across the projection screen Especially when it is the size of my hand.

Glad the video helped.

If i want to open perfectly the insole, removing the sewings one by one (even if it takes hours i don't care lol) would be the best way to go ?
@Davidjones are you in touch with the factory ? If yes could we make an update of the shoes to make the lights durable and lasting much longer ?

If i want to open perfectly the insole, removing the sewings one by one (even if it takes hours i don't care lol) would be the best way to go ?
@Davidjones are you in touch with the factory ? If yes could we make an update of the shoes to make the lights durable and lasting much longer ?
I didn't because that cloth sole is what holds these shoes together.
The V2s used that pink card. I watched many MAG modders destroy that pink card. I always kept it intact. So this cloth is similar but sewn not glued.

I got my shoes back together and everything worked. I was pretty excited and did a quick video showing the shoes working.

But I was getting ahead of myself and as soon as I pulled out the lead, the lights went out. So now to buy those replacement batteries.

This is a little off topic but I'm at work and I noticed my I'd card scanner must have been designed by a Nike mag fan lol IMG_9773.JPG

What I don't like is seeing one crawl across the projection screen Especially when it is the size of my hand.

Does this actually happen?!?!?! I know people constantly makes jokes about Australia and spiders and stuff, but ***** H...... sitting in your home theater, do you have to be legitimately concerned about tarantulas randomly being in the room? Or anywhere in your house for that matter?

!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

The room may have total light control, but it is not sealed. So yeah, they can get in there.
Funny too because I was watching an Alien movie.
If that thing had a tail, I would have get flame thrower

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hi all. I got some news back on the new updated lights version, following is the email response I sent sneakerahead:

yes,what we have the new version would be fixed on thet light

also next week,can come out,u can feel free to submit the order
andy

Is that in response to a particular sized shoe? I wonder if that means the upgraded 7s are coming soon.

Hi all. I got some news back on the new updated lights version, following is the email response I sent sneakerahead:

yes,what we have the new version would be fixed on thet light

also next week,can come out,u can feel free to submit the order
andy

I think I will go ahead and buy a set of batteries for each pair of my v3s now so I will have them later. Do I have to worry about them going bad?

I think I will go ahead and buy a set of batteries for each pair of my v3s now so I will have them later. Do I have to worry about them going bad?

I wish I knew.

So I have one crappy battery with no text or description and the other with description which seems to hold some charge (about 2 hours?).
If I buy the batteries off the link, am I just more cheap crap or am I getting half decent replacements?
If I buy locally, I will get quality battery (maybe even warranty) but they are only 600mha.

looks like a home made spray paint job to me, the edges around the strap logo are still white and there's a scratch mark or something. If that person's used hammerfinish paint (meant for metal) like it looks that they have, that'll just crack the first time they're worn.

Ha, probably will. I think the choice of colour just doesn't work. I know aqua is used for both the splatter and MAG, but it is a very small detail. This sticks out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back