John Knoll's death star hobby project

Speaking of the Death Star, does anyone know what the size relation is between the dish and the Death Star itself.
I've been wanting to build my own DS (it strikes me as one if the easier props, depending on size and electronics if any) but I want to get it right. And that means finding the exact size and position of the dish in relation to the overall diameter of the DS.

It would be fantastic if the LFL guys would release the unfolded/flattened DS map for reference.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Speaking of the Death Star, does anyone know what the size relation is between the dish and the Death Star itself.
I've been wanting to build my own DS (it strikes me as one if the easier props, depending on size and electronics if any) but I want to get it right. And that means finding the exact size and position of the dish in relation to the overall diameter of the DS.

It would be fantastic if the LFL guys would release the unfolded/flattened DS map for reference.

I too thought a Death Star could be fairly straight forward. But that was insanity on my part, clearly. Because a certain brilliant Death Star build on this very forum proves there's more than meets the eye with that "small moon".

I too thought a Death Star could be fairly straight forward. But that was insanity on my part, clearly. Because a certain brilliant Death Star build on this very forum proves there's more than meets the eye with that "small moon".
Gah, it can be as simple or as complicated as one wants it to be. Everybody, I mean EVERYBODY recognizes a grey ball with a dish and an equatorial trench for what it represents. All that matters is the right proportion and location of the dish. Any other details are a matter of size/scale.

Gah, it can be as simple or as complicated as one wants it to be. Everybody, I mean EVERYBODY recognizes a grey ball with a dish and an equatorial trench for what it represents. All that matters is the right proportion and location of the dish. Any other details are a matter of size/scale.

I some times tend to make things a lot more complicated than it needs to be :$

I didn't even remember it was PHArchivist / Rob's insane build. IN-CRED-IBLE to say the least :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back