Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

A question I have is why is Phasma referred to by a name? It's said that troopers don't even have names and Finn's "name" is given to him by Poe. Did she just get to a high enough rank and picked a name she liked?
When you're Chrome. they call you Captain.

- - - Updated - - -

She should be called Destro Trooper

Re: Star Wars TFA - How much they got paid **SPOILERS**

Pfft that's NOTHING compared to what he got for Indy-4.

Joke around some in Lucasfilm was he wanted 65 Million read the script and his death scene and said I will do it for half! :lol

Wow... Ford got PAID.

Dang! Well.... What are they gonna do, refuse to pay what he wants being the only man on Earth who is Han Solo?

Oh, I'm sorry Willie, maybe not then.

All good ;)

IeVmSJX.gif

Re: Star Wars TFA. Warning spoilers and I hate it!!! Haters and Lovers Welcome

Speaking of, and I say this as the world's biggest Vader fan, he actually was not too good at his job. Really he failed in every movie.

Death Star blown,

Rebels, Luke escape,

Luke did not turn, Death Star blown again.

Let's face it, not exactly a recruiting poster for the Dark Side.

Tom
there will always be Dodgers fans.

I'm sad for Han but happy for Harrison Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saw it opening night and I have to say it was an amazing film, and apparently the overwhelming majority of fans and the general public would seem to agree on that assessment. That said, reading some of these remarks I feel like many had to be watching a different movie than I was. If you loved the OT and find fault in this film for things not making sense then I don't know what to tell you. The OT films were awesome, most of us loved them, this forum likely wouldn't exist at all without them, and they each had inconsistencies and flaws that met and in some cases exceeded anything that was in TFA. I could make quite a list of nonsensical stuff from ANH alone, yet we still love it despite these things. There is no prequel ridiculousness going on here in this film, some of you are just analyzing it like it's an historical drama or something. I think some of you could be given a bar of gold and you'd complain that it's too heavy.

Suppose Peter Mayhew will still have a job...?

How will Chewie fit into eps VIII and IX now? Just hangin' with Rey, I suppose...?

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about robot arms... What happened to the life-like sheath for Luke's hand? Visual story telling just to remind us (and inform newbies) of his lost appendage?

I don't really believe Leia has a thing against Wookiees. A film can only be so long, the timeline isn't necessarily contiguous and the offscreen story doesn't wait for a camera. So maybe all we caught was the Han moment and the camera didn't catch the Chewie hug.

So another thing I like about TFA is that it awakens the vintage ANH 8 year old what-if dreamer in me.

So Chewie being over two hundred years old could and should live much longer.

Most likely it's for the newbs, but maybe Luke feels like a monster and removed his prosthetic covering in guilt. Dunno but it's exciting to finally have a new film to think about.

Man, I was half excited to see this movie. Not jazzed like I was at 17 when Empire came out. I've been working too much to find time to see TFA and after reading all the comments I might just skip it. I hated the prequels. Kept hoping with each one that it would be better than the last and was let down every time. This sounds like more of the same. Think I'll might skip it and wait to watch someones blueray copy and save the cash for the Hateful Eight in 70mm.

Saw it opening night and I have to say it was an amazing film, and apparently the overwhelming majority of fans and the general public would seem to agree on that assessment. That said, reading some of these remarks I feel like many had to be watching a different movie than I was. If you loved the OT and find fault in this film for things not making sense then I don't know what to tell you. The OT films were awesome, most of us loved them, this forum likely wouldn't exist at all without them, and they each had inconsistencies and flaws that met and in some cases exceeded anything that was in TFA. I could make quite a list of nonsensical stuff from ANH alone, yet we still love it despite these things. There is no prequel ridiculousness going on here in this film, some of you are just analyzing it like it's an historical drama or something. I think some of you could be given a bar of gold and you'd complain that it's too heavy.

^^^^^^^^Word

Man, I was half excited to see this movie. Not jazzed like I was at 17 when Empire came out. I've been working too much to find time to see TFA and after reading all the comments I might just skip it. I hated the prequels. Kept hoping with each one that it would be better than the last and was let down every time. This sounds like more of the same. Think I'll might skip it and wait to watch someones blueray copy and save the cash for the Hateful Eight in 70mm.
You're in the wrong thread. I'm telling you - one old geezer to another that TFA is good enough to see in the theater.
You're in the wrong thread.

Go see it!

Don't let the Fan-boy ferver or negative nancys decide for you!

I think I will take a stab at the ANH remake concept, albeit a bit more philosophically, and probably a bit of a cheap cop out, but here goes. Yes, there were plenty of re-used elements, but after the prequels, I don't blame them for that. Go with what works, at least for the first attempt at righting the ship. I'm sure we will get a unique direction for the next one, especially with the criticisms that have been leveled.

You must remember that thirty years have passed. An entire generation has been raised thinking everything was a myth, not really knowing the true history, or not caring, perhaps. But, the point is that maybe, just maybe, that cliche about repeating history was an element. It happens all the time right here with us on Earth. They were making the same mistakes as others before them.

Okay, I only saw it yesterday, and need to see it more to really absorb it, but this is my current take on it, and how I felt about it while walking out of the theater. I'm sure my opinion will mature over time. Be gentle...

NOW I see how this cost $200 million. Killing him off was a wise move. But then I guess Mark is going to earn an awful lot next time, but hell, I feel he deserves it.

Yeah i'd say he deserves a sizeable pay day for coming back to something that has been a bit of a bittersweet role for him over the years. I know the guy has gotten paid well over the years for appearances and autographs and all that good stuff, but I'll bet he didn't get paid very much at all to play the role in the 3 other films, so I hope it's made up for this next film(s).

If the first SW film rocked your teenage world please give TFA a shot - in the theater. There will be that nostalgia that only folks like us can appreciate. You don't need to see it in 3D.

As I stated earlier take all opinion with a grain of salt - especially ones in this thread where the OP believes that ROTJ is the best movie of all.

Btw, dod anyone notice that the "emitter" on the Starkillet weapon looked alot like the emitter on Vaders lightsaber?
It looked like it had the coil ring around the inside of the emitter.

Apparently, this movie was bigger than even imagined just yesterday.

Originally, it was thought to have taken in $238 million this weekend domestically - now, that might be bumped up to $247 million. Globally, TFA was thought to have just missed Jurassic World's record (just about the only record it didn't break) - but, not it looks to have beaten it (without China, which the dinosaurs had going for it).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ebut-to-reach-528-million-worldwide-iger-says

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” probably took about $528 million in box-office sales worldwide in its record weekend debut, more than Walt Disney Co. anticipated, Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger said.

And that’s even before the movie reaches China, the second largest market in the world. With domestic sales coming in way higher than expected at $247 million, the first live-action “Star Wars” film in a decade already beats the previous global record by about $3 million -- “Jurassic World” reached $524.9 million earlier this year. As of Sunday, Disney estimated the worldwide total at $517 million.

“It’s bigger than big -- it’s bigger than we thought it would be yesterday,” Iger said Monday in an interview with Bloomberg TV’s Stephanie Ruhle and David Westin. “And China has yet to open.”

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back