Fallout 4

What annoys me is you can't just kill them in the tower, they turn hostile but don't die. I tried blowing them up and they just fall over to get up again a bit later.

What annoys me is you can't just kill them in the tower, they turn hostile but don't die. I tried blowing them up and they just fall over to get up again a bit later.

So they can't help themselves by going in and killing the raiders/ghouls/super mutants themselves... but they also don't die when YOU try to kill them. Seems like they are equipped to not only help themselves but their immortality makes them suitable to rule all of Commonwealth.

So has anyone actually heard what the Institute was up to? I played BoS so I thought maybe some other side got a better explanation that warrants them being wiped out.

I started a second character today. Went and grabbed Dogmeat right off the bat and used the item copying trick to boost my specials to 10. Rather than do an all encompassing hit every quest playthrough like I did with the first guy, I'm going to just wander around, pick up one or two companions, and mess **** up.

The timing can be tricky, but I think you can do it with any companion. Dogmeat seems to be the easiest.
The gist of it is, you drop the SPECIAL book, take a few steps back and tell your companion to pick it up. Then you step forward and snatch it just as the companion goes to do it. It's easiest with Dogmeat because he has a distinct visual cue that tells you he's beginning the pickup animation. He will walk up to the book, stand still for a brief second and then pick it up. If you hit the pickup button while he's standing still you grab a copy of the book and then he drops a copy for you. One will be a new copy. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum. But it does get easier with practice. Can be used to copy anything, afaik, but magazines will not work at all and bobbleheads will copy but not confer any extra bonuses after picked up the second time. Mostly useful to copy expensive weapons for resale if you're low on ammo or need another power armor frame.

Also: If you max out your specials prior to picking up any bobbleheads the bobbleheads will put you over 10.

Also also: If you use alcohol or chems that drop your specials temporarily you can use the book trick to boost over 10 as well.
Example: Use a daytripper to lower your strength from 10 to 8, then use the book trick twice to boost your strength. When the daytripper wears off you will have a strength of 12. Add the strength bobblehead later on and you're at a natural 13 before any equipment or further chem boosts.

Last edited:
Very neat. Remember when games just had cheat codes for this kind of things? I miss cheat codes even if it just gets you the audio file test system lol.

I started a second character today. Went and grabbed Dogmeat right off the bat and used the item copying trick to boost my specials to 10. Rather than do an all encompassing hit every quest playthrough like I did with the first guy, I'm going to just wander around, pick up one or two companions, and mess **** up.
You can also go the the 111 vault and pick up the freeze gun with Deadmeat. Just lead him to the room were it is and tell him to search for item. He will go the the gunlocker and pick up the gun and ammo, so you don't need have master lockpick skill.

I never used it either, but I hoard stuff... I hit someone with a cryo grenade and he didn't shatter when I hit him, so after some creative language, I decided the gun probably equally sucked.

You can also go the the 111 vault and pick up the freeze gun with Deadmeat. Just lead him to the room were it is and tell him to search for item. He will go the the gunlocker and pick up the gun and ammo, so you don't need have master lockpick skill.

Yeah, I did that with my first character - never did use the cryolator. Ammo too expensive, didn't even bother with it.

Preston_zpsfydjepas.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Saw another quirk the other day. I have blown up the Prydwen and BoS shoot me on sight. I was bored and threw a vertibird smoke grenade. The vertibird landed behind a buildind and a marker popped up on my HUD. Checked my quests and it said to get in it. I went over and got in. They still called me sir and asked me where to go.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Saw another quirk the other day. I have blown up the Prydwen and BoS shoot me on sight. I was bored and threw a vertibird smoke grenade. The vertibird landed behind a buildind and a marker popped up on my HUD. Checked my quests and it said to get in it. I went over and got in. They still called me sir and asked me where to go.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Clearly they didn't get the memo! :lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Anyone find the Yangtze sub? Curious what the range is on the homing beacons. I tried using it on a Behemoth in the city next to Covega but it didn't do anything.

Those things never did much good for me, they always land far away from where you throw them.

You are better off building artillery in each of your settlements.

BTW, bit the bullet tonight and started over, forgot how long it takes to kill that first deathclaw.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back