Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Anything out there is canon - until they decide it isn't anymore. These supplemental books, including the novel adaption, don't mean much to the filmmakers and they will be overridden when and if it fits their needs.

I'm not sure I really buy it but the thought has occurred that maybe Rogue I...is a ship? Maybe a sister ship to Slave I? Not sure it'd make a great deal of sense to name a movie about the theft of the DS plans after a ship though, regardless of how prominent it might be in the movie.

Well the old rumors were that Fett, Cad Bane and the bounty hunters we saw in TESB would be tasked with retrieving the plans though that seems like weird work for their ilk. Of course one of the new comics has Vader tasking Boba Fett of all people to act as one of his personal spies to find out who Luke Skywalker is. So if the new canon favors that bit if silliness, who knows? It's obvious they were just trying to insert him into things in some form or fashion. I guess next Fett will be Vader's personal chauffeur and manservant...

It's all about IP and character brand awareness. Boba Fett is a valuable IP with high brand awareness and Disney owns that and will try and monetize it.

Yeah they're gonna find any opportunity they can. I guess ol George was guilty of that too.

Well, I wouldn't characterize it as "guilty of", this is how you build franchise value. If there are fans of a character you need to create content for them.

Last edited:
Well we might finally get to see Boba do something to be worthy of his reputation.

After all the no disintegrations line had to some from something he did in the past.

Well the old rumors were that Fett, Cad Bane and the bounty hunters we saw in TESB would be tasked with retrieving the plans though that seems like weird work for their ilk. Of course one of the new comics has Vader tasking Boba Fett of all people to act as one of his personal spies to find out who Luke Skywalker is. So if the new canon favors that bit if silliness, who knows? It's obvious they were just trying to insert him into things in some form or fashion. I guess next Fett will be Vader's personal chauffeur and manservant...

Look I really like Boba Fett too, but I really hope that's wrong. It makes the Rebels' victory just a courier mission. I think we all assumed that the "first major victory against the Empire" was the Rebels stealing the plans. It doesn't even make sense that something this important would be given to bounty hunters, who people apparently have a very low appreciation for! I mean, Dengar looks like a complete idiot, why would you give him anything important?! :lol

I'm not sure I really buy it but the thought has occurred that maybe Rogue I...is a ship? Maybe a sister ship to Slave I? Not sure it'd make a great deal of sense to name a movie about the theft of the DS plans after a ship though, regardless of how prominent it might be in the movie.

very cool theory

It's all about IP and character brand awareness. Boba Fett is a valuable IP with high brand awareness and Disney owns that and will try and monetize it.
Talk about the worst way to go about it.

These movies are going to sell regardless. You may as well expand the universe beyond boba fett. Because it will pay off in the long game.

Fans love cad bane. Let the masses love him too. Or bring on some new characters. Frankly, it's harder to shoehorn all these older characters into the movies than it is to introduce new characters.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

If Rogue one is a ship, I would like to surmise that perhaps the plot around the DS plans is that this ship was carrying them, crashed someplace and a major battle/fight to reach the crash site to retrieve the plans ensues

If Rogue one is a ship, I would like to surmise that perhaps the plot around the DS plans is that this ship was carrying them, crashed someplace and a major battle/fight to reach the crash site to retrieve the plans ensues

Thing is, if i'm the empire, the thing is already under construction and there are multiple copies of those plans throughout imperial databases - if a ship crashed with a copy of the plans and i'm the empire - i just bombard the @#$% out of the area the ship has crashed in to prevent anyone from picking them up. Providing i think anyone is even after them. A copy of digital files on a transport makes little sense in the SW universe quite honestly.

Thing is, if i'm the empire, the thing is already under construction and there are multiple copies of those plans throughout imperial databases - if a ship crashed with a copy of the plans and i'm the empire - i just bombard the @#$% out of the area the ship has crashed in to prevent anyone from picking them up. Providing i think anyone is even after them. A copy of digital files on a transport makes little sense in the SW universe quite honestly.

Perhaps. It's a film after all. You're talking about a military force that felt it was a bright idea to put a special class of trooper that ride speederbikes that go over 300MPH on a dense forest moon, but hey, not everything has to make sense

Well they're scouts first, speeder bike riders second. Lol! I think it's funnier that this is a military force that thinks it's smart to put bright white armored troopers with no attempt at camo on a forest world. Lol!

Well they're scouts first, speeder bike riders second. Lol! I think it's funnier that this is a military force that thinks it's smart to put bright white armored troopers with no attempt at camo on a forest world. Lol!
Anyone who has played the Endor maps on Battlefront as a Stormtrooper can attest to this lack of insight.

Perhaps. It's a film after all. You're talking about a military force that felt it was a bright idea to put a special class of trooper that ride speederbikes that go over 300MPH on a dense forest moon, but hey, not everything has to make sense

It doesn't have to make total sense, but it should make some sense. Now if, Rogue 1 is the ship - and someone aboard 'it' stole the plans, then it crashes, then it makes sense. I just can't think of a reason the imperials would stick the plans on a ship. If you're a contractor or something, you come aboard, we show you the plans, you then leave - without the plans.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back