Full Scale Falcons..Pics???

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Guys.

I am looking for photos, perhaps behind the scenes , of the full scale Millennium Falcon used in Empire, and the Full Scale "Half Falcon" used in A New Hope. Hopefully rare or unseen Pics???

Were the actors able to get into the Cockpit of the Half Falcon? How detailed was it in there??

Thanks in advance.

The falcon cockpit was a separate set piece on both films. There is a shot in Esb in the rebel base where chewie is in the cockpit and han is standing on the falcon doing repairs. and say's turn it off chewie or something like that.

There is a ton of pix in the making of star wars book and also sw 365 days.

The falcon cockpit was a separate set piece on both films. There is a shot in Esb in the rebel base where chewie is in the cockpit and han is standing on the falcon doing repairs. and say's turn it off chewie or something like that.

There is a ton of pix in the making of star wars book and also sw 365 days.

Yep, Got them all...I was hopeing for different Pics.LOL!!!!

I've had a dream of building a full scale falcon most of my life... one of my fondest memories was when I was a kid, after building the MPC Falcon with the working lights me and my mom would sit on the floor and contemplate where everything would be if it were full size. I saw that a bunch of guys actually tried building a full size falcone once but failed miserably... it ended up as scrap after a big storm and I gotta say, I KNOW I could do much better. From my estimates after years of research and specualation and from seeing the works of many who have done the same thing I think that this thing could actually be built and would be approx 140 long by 102 feet wide by about 32 feet in height. And you knowwwwww that if anyone finally got around to building this monsterous sucker... it would have to be built in a warehouse of some sort (to keep it from being exposed to the elements) and where ever it was built it would become a mecca for SW fans everywhere! Now I'm not talking about just building a good looking outside... but a fully laid out interior as well. I realize the movie used a "hero" that had no guts, and a half complete as well as a separate cockpit... but what if this whole thing were actually built like it should have been to begin with. I'm sure it would be much larger then it appeared in the movie, but then again, it would be completely AWESOME!!!

Or if you could figure out a way to protect the skin from the elements then heat and cool the beast you could have one hecka sweet custom house on your hands.

It would make sense to build it inside an old hanger, then dress the inside as Mos Eisley, Hoth or the Death Star. I guess Hoth would be easiest.

Might as well go all out... why not make it so that the inside of the hanger can be changed to be a different type of hanger with a few adjustments (Hoth, Yavin, DS, Tattooine) and make to scale X-Wings, Snowspeeders, Y-Wings, etc to be parked along side it. Would take much to convert the hanger from one base/hanger type to another. DS would be all black and white with shiney surfaces... hoth would be all styrofoam peices just and blue and white etc. See what I mean? (Yes I've actually done alot of thinking about this project over the years)

Ok now that the shameless plugs are out of the way, what say we talk about putting together a full size falcon? Anyone have any blueprints for constructing such a beast?

I know the "Star Wars Falcon" had languished between Star Wars and Empire but what became of the "Empire Falcon" set piece?

According to The Making of the Empire Strikes Back, it had the ability to be broken down into component slices for storage and it had engines that allowed it to move like a hovercraft for ease of moving it around the stage.

Part of it was used for the sandstorm scene in ROTJ but it was never seen again. Does Lucasfilm have it stored somewhere in England, or was it destroyed after ROTJ?

I two have heard about that... one thing I know for a fact is that the original ANH falcon did have 5 landing gear... the mid 2 were just dressed up to look like power cables or fueling hoses. Take a look at the pic yourself

album_pic.php

When they added the 2nd pair of landing gear in ESB they actually built a matching support around it:

album_pic.php

But then again, Han may have been busy making more modifications to the ship too!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back