Avengers: Age of Ultron (Post-release)

No Coulson!?!?! No "hey guys I'm alive, its a long story.." Nothing. I was really hoping he would make his big screen return.

Seem's Joss has a downer on Coulson now, he doesn't even consider agents of shield cannon.

Maybe someone could remind him how he killed both Buffy and Angel and brought them back?

Joss has "clarified" that he doesn't expect all the moviegoers to have watched AoS and thus ignores it in the films. Though since Whedon's involvement in the MCU is over at this point, it doesn't matter and the Russos are free to bring Coulson back if they want.

Me, I'd like to see Whedon write something, anything, that doesn't involve a character death. I'm not convinced he's capable of it.

I don't get why falcon wasn't around during the final fight scene. Would have made total sense for him to show up with war machine

Something to do with his line at the party about leaving the Avenging to Cap. Though with him being a new Avenger at the end...

Saw it today and really enjoyed it. I thought it was much better than I expected it to be. I think I'll end up seeing it again and wondering if there were any easter eggs I missed. Also loved seeing the the SW trailer in IMAX. :)

So it was never really addressed. Did Strucker give the twins powers through experimentation or did they already have them?

Actually it was addressed, right in the opening sequence. Hydra was using the mind gem in Loki's scepter to do all sorts of crazy experiments.

I don't get why falcon wasn't around during the final fight scene. Would have made total sense for him to show up with war machine

Falcon was doing recon for missing person's I thought.

Pacing felt off when Hulk was unleashed in Africa...

Other than that everything felt perfect.

The team up moves between Thor and Cap were amazing!

Hulk didn't smash as well in this one, probably because everyone managed to get their time on screen, hell, even Rhodes was chewing up some scenery.

Caps cussing jokes fell a lil' flat for me...

All the Thor jokes nailed it...

BOOM, Thanos has to show up in a LOT of places/movies to get that gauntlet ready

Ok. Regarding the Infinity Gauntlet.

Last we saw it, it was in Odin's Treasury. Last we saw Loki, he had somehow replaced Odin and was impersonating Odin. So has Loki let Thanos into the treasury?

Otherwise, loved the movie!!

I would assume that Loki isn't in communication with Thanos since he failed to deliver the Tesseract and Thanos may be unhappy with him. I figured Thanos just managed to get in on is own, which I think his "do it myself" line reinforces.

Loki not only failed to deliver the Tesseract, he also lost the mind gem in the scepter Thanos gave him. Double oops. Also I sort of consider the gauntlet in the asgard armory as an easter egg before they knew they were going there. consider it a museum replica. especially since the real gems are definately not present. the glove itself really isn't anything special compared to a single infinity gem

We just got home a little bit ago. Oh my god, I absolutely loved this film. Vision was PERFECT! Paul Bettany knocked it out of the park. I also loved the scenes between Nat and Banner. Beautifully acted and very sweet. James Spader as Ultron was fantastic as well. Amazing casting choice.

I could go on forever. I really, really want to see the extended cut when it comes out.

Ok. Regarding the Infinity Gauntlet.

Last we saw it, it was in Odin's Treasury. Last we saw Loki, he had somehow replaced Odin and was impersonating Odin. So has Loki let Thanos into the treasury?

Otherwise, loved the movie!!

When THOR came out, many people noted that the gauntlet shown was right-handed, and the Infinity Gauntlet is supposed to be left-handed (as seen corrected in the footage shown at Marvel's event last fall). Feige basically retconned this in a statement saying that there are multiple gauntlets out there, and the one in Odin's treasure room isn't the real one that Thanos will eventually use.

I would rank this one just below the first film, and well below GOTG. I enjoyed it, but nothing really blew me away this time. I enjoyed Ultron most, followed by Vision. I was hoping they would show that one of the Ultron's survived at the end, after all this is Ultron, one of the best villains in the comics. I was hoping to see a Coulson cameo as well. Don't really think I will see it again in the theater, but may buy a copy to add to my film library eventually.

Frakkin loved it.

Better "stuff" than the first.... But I agree as far as being a solid A - B -C Movie... It was all over the place... Like watching a bunch of cool clips as opposed to a solid stand alone feature film...

But I loved it and can't wait for the extended BR.

The 3d was great.

But the ep7 trailer POPPED in 3D more than AOU... How is that???? Wasn't AOU FILMED in 3D????

I know only a few scenes of ep 7 were filmed with imax in mind...

Anyone else agree???

I would rank this one just below the first film, and well below GOTG. I enjoyed it, but nothing really blew me away this time. I enjoyed Ultron most, followed by Vision. I was hoping they would show that one of the Ultron's survived at the end, after all this is Ultron, one of the best villains in the comics. I was hoping to see a Coulson cameo as well. Don't really think I will see it again in the theater, but may buy a copy to add to my film library eventually.

Yes indeed, the 3D did seem lacking in AOU. I too saw the Star Wars trailer, and honestly...got goose bumps. The 3D was great! Hopefully when it is real eased on BluRay the deleted scenes are included wi the Hulk, and even Loki. For me the CGI was a bit of an downer during the action scenes. It looked video game-ish, and honestly pulled me out of the film more than a few times on this one.

Frakkin loved it.

Better "stuff" than the first.... But I agree as far as being a solid A - B -C Movie... It was all over the place... Like watching a bunch of cool clips as opposed to a solid stand alone feature film...

But I loved it and can't wait for the extended BR.

The 3d was great.

But the ep7 trailer POPPED in 3D more than AOU... How is that???? Wasn't AOU FILMED in 3D????

I know only a few scenes of ep 7 were filmed with imax in mind...

Anyone else agree???

The wife and I saw this last night and based on the reviews I was prepared to be underwhelmed.

Enjoyed it. Wasn't the greatest movie ever but it was fun. By the numbers film, though. I'm looking forward to seeing the deleted scenes on the blu. I figure that they left some decent character stuff on the floor whereas the fight sequences went on forever.

One thing I think they could have done better was the timing of Hulk's takedown of Ultron. Shoving it in the middle of Pietro's death scene was just ill-timed and I felt extraordinarily guilty about giggling like a maniac at Ultron's off-screen "Oh, for God's sake!" line when I should be mourning Pietro's death.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back