The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

The right side placket is left open exposing the lining without the zipper installed. I would wait to wear it

Ok, that's fine. A little disappointing since I'll have to wait for a zipper run. But I still have a "slim fit" jacket from ebay I can wear while waiting for the next one.

@Bellthazor
You'll be getting the pants first, right? Very excited to hear about it.

Hey Everyone ( @Taff83 @MrSouthpaw @justanuthercap ), So got the pants in and below are the pics. If there are any additional pics or redo's of the ones below you want to see just let me know and I will post.

Sorry in advance if I did not explain clearly, I have never really provided a review and am a bit new at this.

The total cost of the pants were $93.00 from Aliexpress (will post a link to the seller in a few). They offer the full costume, but I sent them a PM and they had me purchase and adjusted the cost before I paid. The total costume (shirt, pants, jacket, belt (belt looked very cheap) was going for $259.00.

Here are the front of the pants. The details is not to bad for the price of the pants. The pants feel almost like a pair of dickies pants that were just modified. They are pretty comfortable and not to thick (good if you at a convention in the middle of summer :eek:) )
1_Pants Front.jpg

the front flap
0_Pants Flap.jpg

Side details - So, yes these have belt loops...lol.
3_Pants side1.jpg

Where the pocket should close, those metal details are just that detail and do not function (see next image of bottom side of the non-snaps), meaning they are not snaps so if you want them to stay closed you will either have to sew it closed or use a magnet on the inside.
4_Pants side2.jpg

Right side details
5_Pants rightSide1.jpg

The clip to the pocket was inside the pocket....not really functional. It completely vertical and only 2" deep.
6_PantsrightSide2.jpg

Here is the knee. This is a single piece of cloth sewn onto the knee and folder over to give it the multi layer look (see next pic, I flipped up one of the folds)
7_Pants Leg1.jpg

You may have to ensure that you periodically iron to keep it looking good or stitch it somehow (suggestions on this on?)
7_Pants Leg2.jpg

This is the small flap on the inner thigh, and again this does not snap closed, just there for looks.
8_Pants Leg1.jpg
flipped up the flap.
8_Pants Leg2.jpg

Full shot of the back of the pants.
2_Pants Back.jpg

Back of the leg, they added the zipper which is non-functioning (one on both sides).
10_backLeg1.jpg

This is the lower back of the leg from the knee down.
11_Backleg2.jpg

Here is the boot rocket controls, and I'm 99% sure that no one will want to keep these, so you may want to see if they can exclude these on your pants. I thought they would be a quick removal with a seam ripper, but the metal stud is going to be a bit more difficult and will leave a small hole. I'm hoping my rocket controls from the nova props will cover up the two holes.
rocket control.jpg

Last edited:
Bellthazor
Good post. Nice pics too.

Were they custom sized? Would you say they are tight, average, or relaxed fit? Can you move easy or is there restriction?

You say the cloth is not too thick. Is it still thick enough that it feels sturdy? How about the stitching, feels strong?

I am surprised they left the pocket tabs loose. I wonder if they can source magnet snaps and install them for me.

Overall, I like them. Very nice, and especially for the price. I'll definitely be buying a pair. Thanks for the review.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bellthazor
Good post. Nice pics too.

Were they custom sized? Would you say they are tight, average, or relaxed fit? Can you move easy or is there restriction?

You say the cloth is not too thick. Is it still thick enough that it feels sturdy? How about the stitching, feels strong?

I am surprised they left the pocket tabs loose. I wonder if they can source magnet snaps and install them for me.

Overall, I like them. Very nice, and especially for the price. I'll definitely be buying a pair. Thanks for the review.
@MrSouthpaw

- Yes they were custom sized (Measurements: waist, hips, inseam, waist to ankles)

- comfortable fit (average)

- The pants and stitching are very solid, I don't think you have to worry about these coming apart on you.

- I am going to glue some earth magnets onto the pants, and if that does not work, I might just have stitch the tabs on the front seam of the tab.

Hope this answers your questions :)

Also, here is a link to the seller:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Guar..._8&btsid=49272f47-386a-4153-8542-2a5a43b28914

Earth Magnets: HomeDepot:
http://www.homedepot.com/s/super+magnets?NCNI-5

Last edited:
I know there is a someone selling the leather holster pads....anyone know where it is? I may have missed it going through the 195 pages of this thread...lol

Last edited:
Hey Everyone ( @Taff83 @MrSouthpaw @justanuthercap ), So got the pants in and below are the pics. If there are any additional pics or redo's of the ones below you want to see just let me know and I will post.

Sorry in advance if I did not explain clearly, I have never really provided a review and am a bit new at this.

The total cost of the pants were $93.00 from Aliexpress (will post a link to the seller in a few). They offer the full costume, but I sent them a PM and they had me purchase and adjusted the cost before I paid. The total costume (shirt, pants, jacket, belt (belt looked very cheap) was going for $259.00.

Here are the front of the pants. The details is not to bad for the price of the pants. The pants feel almost like a pair of dickies pants that were just modified. They are pretty comfortable and not to thick (good if you at a convention in the middle of summer :eek:) )
View attachment 641788

the front flap
View attachment 641807

Side details - So, yes these have belt loops...lol.
View attachment 641789

Where the pocket should close, those metal details are just that detail and do not function (see next image of bottom side of the non-snaps), meaning they are not snaps so if you want them to stay closed you will either have to sew it closed or use a magnet on the inside.
View attachment 641790

Right side details
View attachment 641792

The clip to the pocket was inside the pocket....not really functional. It completely vertical and only 2" deep.
View attachment 641793

Here is the knee. This is a single piece of cloth sewn onto the knee and folder over to give it the multi layer look (see next pic, I flipped up one of the folds)
View attachment 641794

You may have to ensure that you periodically iron to keep it looking good or stitch it somehow (suggestions on this on?)
View attachment 641795

This is the small flap on the inner thigh, and again this does not snap closed, just there for looks.
View attachment 641797
flipped up the flap.
View attachment 641798

Full shot of the back of the pants.
View attachment 641799

Back of the leg, they added the zipper which is non-functioning (one on both sides).
View attachment 641800

This is the lower back of the leg from the knee down.
View attachment 641802

Here is the boot rocket controls, and I'm 99% sure that no one will want to keep these, so you may want to see if they can exclude these on your pants. I thought they would be a quick removal with a seam ripper, but the metal stud is going to be a bit more difficult and will leave a small hole. I'm hoping my rocket controls from the nova props will cover up the two holes.
View attachment 641804
.....Thanks for the Pictures...the pants look pretty solid....and a lot cheaper than the other guys..S''''....will order some without rocket controls and add my own that I already had made....

When I order mine, I'm gonna have them leave those "controls" off too. I'm also gonna see if they can adjust a few things here and there.

That vertical strip on the back of the leg, above the horizontal lines. I remember it being a lot lighter than the surrounding material.

@Bellthazor

I was wondering. What color are the pants in person? Are they black? That's how they look in the pictures.

Last edited:
That strip should be the same grey elastic on the front of the pants and on the jacket

I doubt they'll be able to source that. I'll just ask them to make it a nice medium grey or something. I don't know where the grey elastic is on the front of the pants.

I'm also tempted to see about some slightly different cloth colors. I know the actual pants are not solid black. Which I'm ultimately fine with, but it doesn't hurt asking.

When I order mine, I'm gonna have them leave those "controls" off too. I'm also gonna see if they can adjust a few things here and there.

That vertical strip on the back of the leg, above the horizontal lines. I remember it being a lot lighter than the surrounding material.

@Bellthazor

I was wondering. What color are the pants in person? Are they black? That's how they look in the pictures.
MrSouthpaw

Yes, they are solid black.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I received my pair and made a start modding them, still a lot to do but I feel these can be pretty decent without making a pair from scratch :)
ee359942a3f20e98b65c182de51e7c3b.jpg

e60198f477397ecbb540991596ac19fa.jpg

Last edited:
Buttons were from an old Starlord jacket I found on eBay. The gray webbing was also on eBay.

The controllers I got from Soulinertia - they are fantastic!

I've had all this in a box for a very long time with the idea of sewing up a pair of Starlord pants.

The back zippers I got from Therpf.
a12d288e72ffe9b66b0f08e26a6f47f6.jpg

50324c48bacdbcaf688cf6a8c9e5cf97.jpg
3a75d6c3e6d29b7808547ad3c3e4a275.jpg
ad0f989d60d1f851af1f38d1c909b1a3.jpg
e607192bd3544e2a9d9d54b57e5d6876.jpg

Attachments

• a12d288e72ffe9b66b0f08e26a6f47f6.jpg
    a12d288e72ffe9b66b0f08e26a6f47f6.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 50324c48bacdbcaf688cf6a8c9e5cf97.jpg
    50324c48bacdbcaf688cf6a8c9e5cf97.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 3a75d6c3e6d29b7808547ad3c3e4a275.jpg
    3a75d6c3e6d29b7808547ad3c3e4a275.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 41
  • ad0f989d60d1f851af1f38d1c909b1a3.jpg
    ad0f989d60d1f851af1f38d1c909b1a3.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 43
  • e607192bd3544e2a9d9d54b57e5d6876.jpg
    e607192bd3544e2a9d9d54b57e5d6876.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 42

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back