Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Yeah, it's not just "similar elements". This is exact scene for scene derivatives, and WAY too many of them. I understand having 2 or 3. Most sequels will repeat a joke, a line or a scene from it's predecessor, (which I still find irritating 99% of the time) It was just a little heavy handed, that's all.

That "scene for scene" thing (if that's how you interpret it), yeah I hated how they did that in prequels too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah why isn't the prometheus thread littered with "Aliens" just remade "Alien" arguments?

And I don't think TFA is anymore a remake of ANH than Aliens is of Alien...

Yet people won't shut up about it. Even on a thread that is about EPISODE VIII

And I don't think TFA is anymore a remake of ANH than Aliens is of Alien...

Yet people won't shut up about it. Even on a thread that is about EPISODE VIII
You might not think it, but apparently quite a few people do think it.

Oh I'm aware :D

Sadly I'm doing my own vid (now that it's slow in editing world)... and it's TFA v ANH, heh.

Just more interested in Episode 8 discussion in this thread... 'cuz TFA is in like three threads now... same stuff.

We all want more VIII discussion... but, with 526 days to go, it's gonna take some time.

The latest potential spoiler/gossip...
Mark Hamill shaved his beard. That could mean anything... but, since he was the one to say that filming wraps on July 22 it might mean we get a beardless Luke at some point in VIII.

Daisy Ridley posted a Workout Wednesday video on Instagram where she had use a pillow case to hide her VIII hair style... leaving some to speculate that she might be sporting something in a Padawan fashion.

We all want more VIII discussion... but, with 526 days to go, it's gonna take some time.

The latest potential spoiler/gossip...
Mark Hamill shaved his beard. That could mean anything... but, since he was the one to say that filming wraps on July 22 it might mean we get a beardless Luke at some point in VIII.

Daisy Ridley posted a Workout Wednesday video on Instagram where she had use a pillow case to hide her VIII hair style... leaving some to speculate that she might be sporting something in a Padawan fashion.

Hmmm not sure on the padawan hair... don't shave Rey's head!

Probably another bun mohawk like thing...

Could be she has the same hairstyle as ep VII, but hiding it means a)Less chance of being recognised, b)She's hiding the fact that "OMG, epVIII filming is happening right here, right now! Let's follow her/crash the set!!!"

If they give her that stupid PT style hair that all the jedi had, I'll lose it. Even as a kid, the hair thing bugged the hell out of me. No one in the OT really had obscene, stupid hair.

If they give her that stupid PT style hair that all the jedi had, I'll lose it. Even as a kid, the hair thing bugged the hell out of me. No one in the OT really had obscene, stupid hair.

Oh, c'mon. What do you call this?! :lol

4DiHs.jpg

:lol So Luke has 40 years to figure out why the Jedi failed and piece back together training methods and information. The first thing he does is say "We've gotta keep that little braid thing for Padawans!" I can see them doing that, but I don't remember shaving hair being part of that. She would just have a braid hanging down.

As for the beard being gone, I just take that as he kind of let himself go while searching for whatever he's searching for, along with dealing with the "temple" massacre of his students. When he's called back to duty he shaves and gets serious.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back