Door built. thx for help

The Portugeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm redoing my games room, its not huge but i do have some Star Wars stuff scattered throughout the room. There is a door that leads to the stairs into the basement. I'd like to do something nice on the door but cant find any pictures of star wars doors that i could make work.
Any ideas would be awesome!

Last edited:
Re: Need help with a door design

You could always do the elevator door to the Emperor's throne room with lights:

ds2_elevator.jpg

Or something like this:

Star%20Wars%20Doorweb.jpg

Or... Dare I say:

han-solo-carbonite-blanket.jpg

Thx guys, was starting to think that no one would come up with anything.
Hey Orange, wheres that second one from?

Nice find on the SciFi doors... I wonder if they're still in business. The phone number rolls to a generic voicemail greeting.

I agree, very cool find. I think I have my mind set on a plan now. Gonna check the gargage for material and pick up some paint so I can start tomorrow. Its suppose to be a high of +1!!

Oh man I told myself about 50 times "dont forget to take pics for a thread" finished my first step without pics then thought again... ""dont forget to take pics for the thread!!!" well i was to lazy to grab a camera at that moment so now i'm 70% done and no pics :cry
Its so hard to try building anything with a 2yr old always wanting attention. coulda been done this in an hour but its been 10 mins every hour so far.

I've been putting alot of pocket doors - basically a door that slides into the wall see vid - fast forward the below vid to about 2min's

YouTube - Dado Door - Automatic Pocket Door Demo

you could always design your door in CAD and get it CNC'd out of MDF or wood?

if you've got a particular door style I could draw this up in CAD?

Well It took me awhile but I got pics of the completed door. It has no knob, i have it on a magnet push lock.
205532_10150568439310006_676970005_17698734_2749682_n.jpg

217448_10150568437625006_676970005_17698721_7611847_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back