Is my prop is screen matched ? I need your opinions

Atlante313

Hi everyone,

I need your expertise to know if my prop is screen matched.

Few months ago i bought 2 controls crystal consoles from Stargate on ebay :

https://www.yourprops.com/Goa-uld-C...movie-prop-Stargate-SG-1-TV-1997-YP76452.html

These are coming from Legends Memorabilia.

So let's focus on the top console the one with the symbols on it. on the coa it's stated "various episode" but i think this console came from the episode Failsafe from Stargate Sg-1, season 5 episode 17.

Reference picture from the episode :

5x15_01412.jpg

Now my comparisons

Stargate-SG-1-Goa-uld-Crystal-Console-1.jpg

At the right there is a little part with engraves, this part is not from the whole console, it is a spare part

5x15_0141.jpg

As you see, both of consoles can house 7 crystals on the left side, then the console is flat (no engraves)

The red line is to show where the flat part begin

So i don't know if i am right, that's why i need your points of view :-D

And at the end, if the prop is screen match, should i ask to Legends Memorabilia to make a new COA with these new informations ?

I think watching later the features on the DVD to see if i can found something else.

Cheers,

J

Last edited:
Definitely looks the same one but did they only use it in this episode or various episodes like Legends said. You'll have to watch a lot of episodes to find out, it is a cool prop.

Well i tried to figure it out other episodes where they are using crystals boxes, but i found nothing so far ...

Well the goal with these console is to make a box just like the one in the show, with light ! :-D

I'll have to look at the episode to see what the front panel is like. I have just bought one of the gold panels that it slides in to. When it arrives I shall make a vacuum former buck of it and make lots more:D

The base appears to match at least, but are the crystals it came with permanently attached? Those would be the only things throwing it off.

To add, if this was used in another episode, perhaps they replaced the crystals or modified it for what was needed. To even further add to this, if multiples were used, who's to say they didn't produce these from molds?

The base appears to match at least, but are the crystals it came with permanently attached? Those would be the only things throwing it off.

To add, if this was used in another episode, perhaps they replaced the crystals or modified it for what was needed. To even further add to this, if multiples were used, who's to say they didn't produce these from molds?

Nope, crystals are not permanently attached, i bought a orange crystal, i am not sure it came from that console, i have to check it out, (a dent on it seems similar from one of the crystal of this episode) but some sort of glue was at the base of the crystal i bought, i think to keep it straight in the console.

Multiples crystals were used, in an other episode they are using a flat console with crystal half sized from the failsafe episode.

but my thread is only to identify the screen matched of the console ;-)

EDIT : the engraves on the console are not cast from the mold, this little pieces that has been glued on the console

Last edited:
Nope, crystals are not permanently attached, i bought a orange crystal, i am not sure it came from that console, i have to check it out, (a dent on it seems similar from one of the crystal of this episode) but some sort of glue was at the base of the crystal i bought, i think to keep it straight in the console.

Multiples crystals were used, in an other episode they are using a flat console with crystal half sized from the failsafe episode.

but my thread is only to identify the screen matched of the console ;-)

Ah yea. Well, like I said, it appears to have the same "pattern" for the crystal placements. If it was used throughout the series (I don't know) then it's going to be rather difficult to match it unless there's some really up close, detailed shot on screen where you can pin-point features exclusive to the piece you bought. I'd say that the screen shot you used would be "better than nothing" to identify it if nothing else better is available.

Appears to be a good screen match from my perspective
- on the COA, you ought to sound Julie out,
- having so many random props for sure made it impossible for them to know specific episodes of every item

Like has been pointed out, sometimes props were multiple used.
The best example I have, is the "Sangraal"
- its the "Ancients Knowledge Database". (Closed version) just used as a base and then a crystal plonked on top

tubachris85x, for now that's the better shot i got, maybe i will discover more through the feature on the DVD set, i will check later and let know in the thread ;-)
@stefanchick, i messaged julie yesterday, i hope she'll be able to help ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back