Captain America TWS (The Winter Soldier

Hey! Yes, there is a zipper in the back, but ONLY at the top of the neck. Like a backwards polo. I'll post pictures of what I'm talking about.
Thank you so much! Makes so much sense! The pictures were super helpful! Now to figure out how to make that work with lady curves...

This looks beyond epic! I'm currently starting the build on my TFA suit and just got the wings on the helmet after much trial and error! I'm going to be following this thread very closely I think!

Helmet1.jpg

Here's the best, clearest view I've seen to date. This is the 18" Gentle Giant statue, which ostensibly was made using hi-rez photos of the actual costume. But it must still be taken with a grain of salt, since it is not a photo of the actual costume, just a recreation based upon what we are told is a difinitive source.

Toy+Fair+2014+Gentle+Giant+Captain+America+Winter+Soldier+Captain+America+Stealth+Outfit+Statue+.jpg

Go HERE for other photos of this figure:
Idle Hands: Toy Fair 2014: Gentle Giant Takes on Marvel Comics

Pulling reference from the Net, can anyone get me a rear view?

We're not doing a screen accurate build. More like a conglomerate version of the Super Soldier look. Using an under armor shirt as a base with BDU, web belt and shoulder holsters. My issue is getting the star and stripes onto the under armor. I tried using the wax paper stencil method, but it won't stick to the fabric. I was thinking maybe masking tape, or just forgo the entire painting idea and do foam?? I have lots of that around the house.

These are looking so awesome! Sort of afraid to put our little version up now. lol

Steam, it's looking awesome-mine is coming along as well, but I am on my tablet, so I can't attach pics!

We're not doing a screen accurate build. More like a conglomerate version of the Super Soldier look. Using an under armor shirt as a base with BDU, web belt and shoulder holsters. My issue is getting the star and stripes onto the under armor. I tried using the wax paper stencil method, but it won't stick to the fabric. I was thinking maybe masking tape, or just forgo the entire painting idea and do foam?? I have lots of that around the house.

These are looking so awesome! Sort of afraid to put our little version up now. lol

What about using Velcro? Remove as needed when you have to wash or repair/repaint star. Just a suggestion. Brandomack has a thread that suggested a type of flexible cement, he is doing stars and strips and patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Steamshovel, I was thinking of going an easier way and using a flight suit but adding a layer on top for Star and Strips, not screen accurate but I thought it would still look okay. Are you making the shoulder harness and buckle as well or did you pick that up from someone here on RPF? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We ended up using a method suggested by drakeprimeone that uses an Iron on made for dark fabrics. It's listed in the build thread for our version. I could reference it here if it would help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back