Luke's boots (ANH)

Cadger

Hi,
I'm looking to get someone replicate Luke's ANH boots. I think I've figured out most of the details. But the sole puzzles me. In all the shots where Mark Hamill poses as Luke Skywalker it seems to be a molded black rubber sole. But when I look at Tatooine screen grabs the sole looks tan or sand colored. Does anyone know something about this?

Definitely go with the tan soles if you want the screen used look. The ones with dark soles only seem to appear in publicity photos.

JDOS productions makes the most screen accurate Luke ANH boots and puttees available. You can find him on Facebook.

Here is a link to my thread about my Luke ANH costume featuring my personal Luke ANH boots by JDOS.

http://www.therpf.com/f79/my-luke-skywalker-new-hope-costume-122965/

Your costume is very nice! I've looked at the thread earlier. The JDOS boots are also nice. But I'm not super impressed by them. I think it should be possible to do even a bit better.

Definitely go with the tan soles if you want the screen used look. The ones with dark soles only seem to appear in publicity photos.

Yes, that was what I started to think also. I think I'll have to do a bit more research on this.

The question now is if the sole is the only difference. Or is it a completely different boot?

Publicity photos were shot in California after filming in England had finished. Many but not all of the costumes and costume pieces that were rented were returned after filming.

It's possible the original boots were either returned or worn out and new ones with a different sole were sourced in the US. The wraps were a seperate piece and were probably brought over with other costume pieces.

I've looked through the death star scenes now. Luke definitely wears tan soles throughout the movie.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-10434.jpg

Just a little correction: In the short scene when they have just arrived at Yavin and Luke and Leia are on the transporter vehicle in the hanger he wears the black sole boots.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back