Well, it looks like they made an updated version of Luke's ROTJ saber for TFA...

Before I loose the change to be in, one detail concerns me. Isn't there a separate copper color part that goes on top of the aluminum control box?

Before I loose the change to be in, one detail concerns me. Isn't there a separate copper color part that goes on top of the aluminum control box?

Yes, it looks like the black buttons, faux LED triangles (and screws if you decide they're needed), circuit board, and brass angle stock will need to be found separately.

I don't see it. (Or it's too blurry for me to make out.) But that's Luke's blast shield helmet and training remote. Interesting that the helmet is there.

yeah right across from the blast shield helmet. u can see a blurry tube with a brass next and a dark spot for the control box.

it could be a mirage but I think it's the hero

Sorry if this has already been posted or observed. The new emitter to my eyes from the stills just looks like the hero ROTJ but a holed ring has been fixed to it. It's not like the OB1 emitter at al i.e. hollow. Rather the area inside the ring has been darkened slightly thus giving the appearance of depth because the way the light reflects from the protruding 'blade holder'. I'm pretty sure Roy hit it out the park with his cross section a few pages back. Just saying...

yeah right across from the blast shield helmet. u can see a blurry tube with a brass next and a dark spot for the control box.

it could be a mirage but I think it's the hero

I bet Rey trains on the falcon with lukes helmet and remote.

I looked at the pics a bit more and had a fun thought. What board would the saber have? I've been doing a little more research since I'm still new to this and the V2 and the rotj Hero have different boards inside the clamp.
The Blu-rey pics have lighting that makes it impossible to see so I thought it would be fun to speculate a bit haha

I looked at the pics a bit more and had a fun thought. What board would the saber have? I've been doing a little more research since I'm still new to this and the V2 and the rotj Hero have different boards inside the clamp.
The Blu-rey pics have lighting that makes it impossible to see so I thought it would be fun to speculate a bit haha

it may not have a design at all, this way we have alittle free range until we get a more accurate picture. which is cool, there is very talented guys on here that come up with some pretty cool ideas. i can't wait to see what they come up with.

I'd assume it's like the hero since they recreated that and not the V2.

Moot point for me since I plan on making mine a V2/Battlefront/TFA hybrid. :p

Looks great. Something like that would cost a pretty penny to print if you don't have a printer of your own though.
I bet if you shopped around on 3Dhubs.com you could find someone locally to print it for much less than what shapeways would charge.

I checked on that site and it may be cheaper than Shapeways, but for the cost of a print from a decent material, you may as well go with Starkiller's metal run instead.

Any thoughts on what this purple piece is? Is it square or triangle?

Luke ROTJ Purple.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back