DL-44 Grill Construction Help

Yes, denixes are much wider than real Mausers, or even MGCs.

It looks like you'll have to take more down to get it to hug the frame. I always wondered how they got that look, is the small section separate from the two separate larger sections as well?

This is not true about the MGC's anyhow. Recently just got one and it's 1:1 to the denix.

Not sure why. The Denix magazine is slightly fatter, yes, but it's the same height as the real deal. And the Veyron engine cylinders are a known size. I've got some other Shapeways replicas handy to compare against one of the real ones and the dimensions line up. One would have to send a message to the seller to ask if he adjusted the scale or other dimensions at all (like maybe widening it to allow for the Denix's width), or if he just "trimmed" more away from the opening.

--Jonah

Veyron was the company that released one of the kits that used that dummy radial engine kit -- a Hawker Tomtit. Some of us refer to the company, since the parts were used for more than one airplane. And I feel less silly typing it than "Tomtit". :p

--Jonah

Veyron was the company that released one of the kits that used that dummy radial engine kit -- a Hawker Tomtit. Some of us refer to the company, since the parts were used for more than one airplane. And I feel less silly typing it than "Tomtit". :p

--Jonah

Lol, thanks. I was wondering when Bugatti got into the mix. :)

H0llyw00d, thanks for calling me on the Veyron thing. I began feeling like something was off when you mentioned the Bugatti. The company was Veron. Proounced roughly the same, but I apparently have been subconsciously using the spelling for the car. Erk. :$:facepalm

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there is lots of these out there already, but I made a painting template for the weathering on the scope mount if anyone is interested. It is sized for a Todd's costume bracket, so if it doesn't fit yours for some reason give me some measurements and I can resize it for you.

Attachments

• ScopeBracketTodds.jpg
    ScopeBracketTodds.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 80
  • ScopeBracketWeathing.jpg
    ScopeBracketWeathing.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 84
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back