EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

damn it ebay AU is having a 10% off sale, and looks like it works for the Vader helmet from the US too, decision decisions.............

Some guys are thinking that the C-scar is a damage on the cheekbone where the paint is ripped of at a C shaped area.And I must say its really on the right area and has the right shape.But..if you see the blurayscene in frames you cannot see any grooves..it looks absolute flat.And from what we know is that the ANH helmet was painted black first and after that the gunmetal.So if the C-Scar is ripped off black paint..why is it gunmetal?What is the right answer?

Here is the cast that shows the C-scar defect next to a ANH screencap(I have no idea what a cast that is..but they used it for the comparison):

26435950fo.jpg

Looks very close to me from the position and shape.:unsure

It's a damn scratch. Get over it. Hell it could have been created by whoever was dressing Prowse scuffed it when handling it

There's a truth to reality- The simplest answer to "complex" questions is most certainly the correct one.

So, you think eFx's interpretation of it looks acceptable? Just curious.

If you're looking at the same images that was posted by a member a few pages earlier stating he got his in earlier than expected, then it looks like it was the victim of mass produced paint work that's on par with those poorly painted boba fett helmets they sell in halloween stores and at target (you know what I mean if you've actually seen on in person- it's not good at all).

If that's the level of paintwork that's going across the board with the "weathered" versions of this helmet, I think most people would be better off buying the standard line, stripping it and painting it all themselves, even if you have no idea what you're doing. It'd still look more accurate.

I know the standard line was $300, so for a decent physical vader helmet, that's not bad. The paintwork, like ANY prop replica makes or breaks it 100% of the time. It could be cast off the real thing and still look like garbage if it's poorly painted.

Last edited:
It could be cast off the real thing and still look like garbage if it's poorly painted.

Haha..yes that´s it,man!:lol:thumbsup

If I´m collecting casts I must look on every little scar.But if I see a finished helmet the overall look is more important for me.

So Guys..lets start the C-Scar Battle...I´ve not seen the last one here!:lol:angel

My first question: Is this mask on my pic really a cast from this screenused helmet?

Last edited:
The overall paint job for the special edition is actually really good.
For those few who have an issue with the way the c-scar turned out, it would be so much easier to fine tune that tiny area to your personal taste than it would be to paint up an entire regular edition from the ground up.
That to me makes the most sense.

Dear EFX. When are you going to send out the FREE pcr helmet to the international guys? I am not alone in this frustration.. our patience is running dry.

The overall paint job for the special edition is actually really good.
For those few who have an issue with the way the c-scar turned out, it would be so much easier to fine tune that tiny area to your personal taste than it would be to paint up an entire regular edition from the ground up.
That to me makes the most sense.

Do you have suggestions for fine tuning the c scar without messing up the paint beneath it?

Haha..yes that´s it,man!:lol:thumbsup

If I´m collecting casts I must look on every little scar.But if I see a finished helmet the overall look is more important for me.

So Guys..lets start the C-Scar Battle...I´ve not seen the last one here!:lol:angel

My first question: Is this mask on my pic really a cast from this screenused helmet?

So tell me, what is the running "argument" exactly?

Based off of what I see and the surrounding features, this is how I feel this is broken down.

Given the colors created by the scuffs and scratches that surrounds it, the C-scar IMO is nothing more than a simple scratch. I deemed the "depressions" I annotated on either side of the C-scar due to the dark-shadowing which surrounds their "centers", which is suggestive of less light being reflected back, creating a dark-spot, hence, at that point, the surface is sitting lower than it's surroundings - a "dent" or "depression" in the surface of the helmet. If it were even and flat like the rest of the surrounding areas, there would not be a dark-spot surrounding it, like the C-scar or the other blemishes/scuff marks.

anh vader helmet scratch analysis.png

Here's the un-touched screen cap

http://caps.pictures/197/7-starwars4/full/star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-720.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back