ROGUE ONE - E11 blaster differences

Is the 12 rd mag longer than what is typical for the ANH/ESB real Sterling based blasters and the ROTJ MGC?

Looks like a para clip 12 round. It's what I used to have on my deac before I got a clip from Liam.

- - - Updated - - -

Narrow scope rail too I even had one of those on my original build too :)

Yes certainly on the ANH and ESB not so sure about the ROTJ blaster but suspect it's the same.
I used it as a cheat meant I didn't need to trim the longer mag. I don’t think they are that common.

In reality only 10, 15 and 34 round magazines were made:

Guns of Dagenham p288.png

w/ these new blasters apparently using magazines a lot shorter than those used in the OT films.
Can't say how many "rounds" these would hold as the complete magazine holds 110 BBs.
Best for someone to purchase a S&T Sterling and cut it accordingly.

20160716_142931 copy.jpg

A clip is used to load rounds into a magazine: ;)

US Military M16 Spoon Loader.JPG

Now I'm confused. Comparing the two images mgoob posted, the RO looks more like the airsoft mag was trimmed to the 10 rd length. So what's normal for OT troopers? Is what Parts of SW says still correct?

They were cut down considerably. The exact length varies between each prop (from 1/2 to 2/5 the original length).

The exact length varies between each prop (from 1/2 to 2/5 the original length).

I thought I hadn't cut my Sterling magazine down far enough when I went for half the original length but I'm reassured by that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup there's a chap on the R1 facebook group that's selling a resin picatinny rail piece that'll fit the torch and you can stick to the E-11...

The magazine is still cut..

You can tell from the two lines running on the top.

On a uncut version, the lines stop 1cm from the end clip
That's how one can tell if it's a real 10 round mag, or a cut up one.

10 rounder, and stacked mag.
DSC05040.JPG

Is this an accurate (!) representation of the flashlights seen on the R1 blasters? I am asking because I am already on my THIRD try to get THE exact light... They always seem to have slight differences

What differences have you noticed? I'll check mine ;)

The exact SureFire knockoff they used was made by Element. I'm 100% sure.
I bought mine from here:
http://jjairsoft.hk/product/m300-mini-scout-light-black/
I've been assured by the seller that the button guard does not have the scalloped cuts in the edge any more as shown in the website pics.
They just haven't updated the pics.

Hey Chris,

How the heck do you order from this website? I'm not seeing any purchase options or pricing.
Am I nuts?? There is a seller on Ebay using the same pictures...

Thanks for the info!
Chris

Hey Chris,

How the heck do you order from this website? I'm not seeing any purchase options or pricing.
Am I nuts?? There is a seller on Ebay using the same pictures...

Thanks for the info!
Chris

I bought from them on eBay. Seller is airsoft_cart. Same pics as website with the JJ Airsoft watermark.

What do the experts make of the "power cylinders"? Are they accurate to any of the ANH versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back