Star Trek Voyager: Surgical Alteration Device prop

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm a big fan of the Voyager medical props and having made quite a few already there is one rarely seen device that wanted to work on to complete the set.
I had the 3D model base part of this prop printed up by Shapeways over a year, and until about 3 weeks ago it sat in the "to do" pile! :)/>/>
I've been re-watching a few Voyager episodes including the two part episodes Workforce which reminded me where I first saw this prop actually in action. It is seen in the instrument tray in "Fury" in a slightly different form with no light up display screen, but the only very brief appearance it made where we see it as a hero prop is "Workforce".

I've added some more of the plant-ons since these photos and I have the LED circuit ready to go, I just need to finish the plant-ons by smoothing off some of the edges and drawing up a graphic for the display screen.

Osteo%20Dermal_zps6awo2ixf.jpg

A shot of the prop in action in the episode Workforce.
Cosmetic Alteration Tool: Workforce

More to come on this prop and others soon! ;)/>/>

A few more plant-ons added. I'm just going to need to smooth and round off the edges a little for those plant-ons and I should be ready to paint this prop.
I'll try and get the electronics installed next weekend and hopefully be near ready to finish it off.

Voyager%20Cosmetic%20Device%202_zps2euhfn3s.jpg

Then I'll be on to finishing off the proper Dermal Regenerator (seen throughout the 7 season run) that has been hanging around for a couple of years along with the cool pen type Epidermal Stimulator (seen in Fortunate Son) and Thrombic Modulator (Message in a Bottle), all of which have been sat in the to do box for far too long!

Sneak peak of those 3 props to come soon, stay tuned!

A quick shot of the battery underside panel to test the colour, which looks a lot better in person as the poor weather has made it difficult to capture the colour accurately.

voyager%20cosmetic%20battery%20panel_zpsoayfqian.jpg

Also a quick shot of the main prop after a coat of primer.
yager%20cosmetic%20alteration%20device_zpsvdfxubqn.jpg

An update on this unique prop.

The main prop has had two light coats of paint and I think this photo has managed to capture the colour a bit better than the last time I tried.

Voyager%20surgical%20device_zpsb4xvpphv.jpg

The display screen and another section need to be masked off and painted silver and there is a ribbed gold styrene part to be added under the display screen.

I also drew up a graphic. This will be reverse printed onto clear acetate and clear coated to protect the ink.

Med%20hoover%20graphic_zpsztddushy.jpg

I just need to secure the electronics in place and put the whole thing together.

Nice work, thanks for sharing!

VERY cool. Nice clean build!

You offering kits?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive feedback.

I will be offering kits of this and the other Voyager medical props I have here at the RPF and TPZ, which includes:
Retinal Imager
Portable Thoron Emitter
Dermal Regenerator (officially named in season 4 ep "One")
Cytokinetic Stimulator
Blue boxy medical prop with "sonic screwdriver" end

I'm also working on quite a few Enterprise era props but I will post separately for those.

Thanks

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back