Daft Punk Interstella Helmet WIP

OK, first two colors done! I have touch ups to do as well as the yellow marks on the cheek pieces (I forgot to mask those off). I've masked off the areas for the red paint and should get that done tomorrow. So close to done, I can taste it!

43.JPG

44.JPG

45.JPG

I don't post here very much, i don't like Daft Punk... but man, what a fantastic job you did here... it's quite inspiring to be honest.

M.

I really like how the yellow turned out there. I don't know why it just looks great. :] Also your blog has helped me a lot!

Well, I am finally done and ready to ship this baby off to the client! Woo + Hoo!

I painted the inside flat black and hot glued some of the original batting helmet padding back into it. It fits nicely now!

Also you can see the magnets in the crest (the trench at the center) that hold up the visor.

46.JPG

The visor attached.

51.JPG

and in the down position. You can see the green tint of the visor better in this one.

50.JPG

back view

48.JPG

This helmet was deceptively complicated…much harder than I ever thought. But I guess I learned a thing or two along the way.

I'll be doing a full write-up of the build on my blog in the next few days.

That is just perfect! WOW!

I'm sure it woulda been nice to get a greener green. Or it may just not show up as well in photos but the helmet and mechanics are just AWESOME!

Very nice work! I'm sure the client is gonna faint over this badboy! If you ever get pics of him in full costume please ask if you can share them here! :)

Thanks! The green looks pretty rich over a white background but also being transparent, it can't fight any dark color behind it.

I hope the client likes it. I got some snotty attitude this weekend over how long it's taken. If I get any more, I'll offer him his money back and sell it someone more appreciative.

Thanks! The green looks pretty rich over a white background but also being transparent, it can't fight any dark color behind it.

I hope the client likes it. I got some snotty attitude this weekend over how long it's taken. If I get any more, I'll offer him his money back and sell it someone more appreciative.

Umm... That is horrible. :angry

There are plenty of people who would have cranked out a shoddy POS for him.

I coulda duct taped a visor to a batters helmet for him in like a day! :angel

Seriously. If he gives you more crap. He doesn't deserve it. :thumbsdown

This thing is seriously a work of art buddy. Sorry you are not being respected by your client. :sleep

WOAH, even better than imagined! Sucks the client is impatient, hopefully he will change his attitude when he sees how awesome it is.

I used a cutting wheel on the Dremel to the rough cut, belt sander where I could for rough sanding for shape and then smoothed it out with fine grit sand paper by hand.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back