DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Scope Bracket NUTS POST 173

What happens when you make the knurled section 35 degrees and .125" high?

bcLZpzH.jpg

Personally I'd split the differnce. Keep the 30 degrees of the knurling but have both sections equally high ? i.e. .125 (knurling) .125 (straight) It definitely looks more 50/50 to me, imho.

I did the 50/50 split with a 45 degree angle and a few people thought the bottom was taller.

Anyway, I gave it a try

I think it could be either but getting prototypes made is expensive.

I don't think we will be sure until one is cut and sitting on a bracket

Scott is there any way you could cut a couple of these?

I think when the knurling is cut, the first one will look better. Remember that the knurling is going to take away from both edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't have time to machine anything for a few weeks, but I WILL have some new reference material sooner than that to double check some things on this. ^_^

Ok, well backburner the discussion on this until then.

So unless I'm missing something we have pretty much discussed the machined parts.

Lets move onto the Left Side Greeblies

This a very cloudy area and I don't have very good reference material on it

I plan on using the Motor Coil part and both Distributor Retainers (DR for short) " on my blaster

But I know that is an idealized version.

Please post any info you have on more accurate options.

Thanks

Last edited:
its these parts from a: "Visible V8 Model Motor. Operating Engine Model NIB 1977 Revell" in the pictures abobe we see on the left: Distributor Retainer, right: Switch Plate, Battery Box. The far left: piston halvs(x2)

i have this kit from 1977 incoming to me, probably on my hands within 10 days.

Depends which blaster you are talking about. Luke's Bespin blaster, only a single retainer during filming (and quite possibly the second retainer and a motol coil were originally glued on but fell off).

Bespinside.jpg

Han's Hoth (stunt) blaster
Hanstuntside.jpg

As for Han's hero blaster, I've yet to see a photo of the left side but I would imagine it being the same as the other hero originally.

its these parts from a: "Visible V8 Model Motor. Operating Engine Model NIB 1977 Revell" in the pictures abobe we see on the left: Distributor Retainer, right: Switch Plate, Battery Box. The far left: piston halvs(x2)

i have this kit from 1977 incoming to me, probably on my hands within 10 days.

Thanks for that info.

I updated my post and will now refer to the "horse shoes" as DRs

Depends which blaster you are talking about. Luke's Bespin blaster, only a single retainer during filming (and quite possibly the second retainer and a motol coil were originally glued on but fell off).

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/Bespinside.jpg

Han's Hoth (stunt) blaster
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/Hanstuntside.jpg

As for Han's hero blaster, I've yet to see a photo of the left side but I would imagine it being the same as the other hero originally.

Good info.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I saw somewhere that on the Hoth Blaster, the two "retainer"-type greeblies are a motor/coil piece cut to sort of look like the retainer pieces.

All that info looks and sounds right to me.

I'm still seeing a bolt with a taller head securing the front of the scope to the bracket, though.

Anybody see what I'm talking about?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420157072414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420157072414.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 233
I think that the Luke's shooting prop must have had two DR's originally but that one fell off. No Motor Coil over the Mauser logo.

All that info looks and sounds right to me.

I'm still seeing a bolt with a taller head securing the front of the scope to the bracket, though.

That scope was probably real which meant they may have used the real bolts.

The real bolts have a shoulder, it's possible that the shoulder of the front bolt is caught on the hole, not allowing the bolt head to seat fully.

This would make it look taller.

Or they may have lost one real bolt and got a hardware store or other replacement...

I don't know if any of the other tank scopes had similar yet thicker bolts...

They seem to have had access to a crap ton of them at least.

That scope was probably real which meant they may have used the real bolts.

The real bolts have a shoulder, it's possible that the shoulder of the front bolt is caught on the hole, not allowing the bolt head to seat fully.

This would make it look taller.

[url]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Star%20Wars/ESBBB/M32ScopeBolt002_zpsd916daee.jpg[/URL]
I see what you mean about the shoulder, and I'm trying to picture what you mean, but I'm saying the head (the actual hex portion) of that front bolt is taller.

Are you saying the bolt in the rear is sunken into the mount? Like the scope bracket's hole is so big that the head of the rear bolt is sunken inside the bracket? How would it hold to scope to the bracket?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back