Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED - FINISHED PICS ON PAGE 3)

Re: Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED)

Yeah they are night and day both but both are BA I was thinking with the direction your build is taking this would help as a base for reference so you dont get too hot and help show function lol

Thanks man, yeah I actually tried on my suit stuff last night, and thankfully it doesn't feel like it's gonna be too hot to wear. A little restrictive in the leg movement, but I've always had trouble sewing trousers. Just hoping it all holds up to wear at cons. Aiming to get this all finished (with the exception of the helmet) by the weekend, so got a few sleepless nights ahead of me lol :p

- - - Updated - - -

You should sell them, great work.

Lol, thanks man. I do happen to have a few left over if you're interested.

Thanks man, yeah I actually tried on my suit stuff last night, and thankfully it doesn't feel like it's gonna be too hot to wear. A little restrictive in the leg movement, but I've always had trouble sewing trousers. Just hoping it all holds up to wear at cons. Aiming to get this all finished (with the exception of the helmet) by the weekend, so got a few sleepless nights ahead of me lol :p

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, thanks man. I do happen to have a few left over if you're interested.
I haven't even stared yet, is it ok if I keep you posted?

Another update for you guys, the bodysuit pieces are now finished and ready to wear! Just the gauntlets, boot covers, belt pouches and helmet to go :D

11330044_10153263176846698_9151203409726777982_n.jpg

Re: Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED - BODYSUIT COMPLETE)

Looks awesome dude but lets see some better quality pics. Cant appreciate with that pic. Lol

Re: Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED - BODYSUIT COMPLETE)

Fantastic thread! It makes me sad though that the gorgeous 3d model helmet never got printed though!

Nice job! I've had interest in working on Cap. Funds is issue number 1. 2 was fabric choice. Your choices in fabric seem to have come out great though. So I may have to steal some your ideas haha.

Again, great job so far! :thumbsup

Great job on the suit. I have a Maulfett helmet as well. It's beautiful. I've ordered a tactical paratrooper helmet chinstrap off ebay. If you have two "A" shoulder logos. I'll pay you for them. Just lmk. Thanks. Your suit is inspiring.

So it was finished JUST in the knick of time, and was able to wear it to the Sunday of MCM Comic Con in London this past weekend. Didn't grab any pics myself, but here's a few that were taken of me. Gotta say, couldn't be happier with how it's turned out. Though I'll hopefully lose a little weight for next time I wear it. Obviously lacking the helmet and utility belt pouches, but I can prepare those for future appearances. :p

11221593_429228863920993_8598495928282143259_n.jpg11263009_869296716450807_1104045415247304763_o.jpg

That happens to be my girlfriend in her Rogue suit. So proud of her, she looks so cool hehe. Also pretty pleased with how the bodysuit looks on her, being that it's one of my printed designs... costumers make the best anniversary gifts haha!

Happened to film some very exciting shots with smash hit Youtubers "Sneaky Zebra" too, so look forward to spamming those up on this thread when they're ready. :D

Re: Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED - FINISHED PICS ON PAG

That suit looks amazing!! Do you have any templates or tips on how you did the harness?

Finally finished my shield harness! Here's a couple pics for you guys. It'll look even better with the sleeved undershirt attached (and alot less like a weird Hawkeye hybrid haha) :)

View attachment 477571

This is awesome. Did you also build the back centerpiece of the harness? I'm trying to find something similar to what you have there for a magnetic mount for my shield but haven't had any luck. Yours looks great!

Re: Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED - FINISHED PICS ON PAG

That looks awesome! I didn't even notice you were missing the pouches at first. :lol

Wanna make me one now? :D

Hi Callmemilo, I received my metal chest star, would like to ask your opinion and how you attached the chest star to the suit. Did you make a few layers near the area to support the star so that the fabric won't tear so easily? Thanks.

Beautiful work Ryan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, hope this thread still gets replies. How does it close?

I sewed it with zippers that blend well with the seams. There are two going down the sides, angled near my kidneys, and one at the upper back that closes up the neck. It's a bit tough to put on by myself, so I usually have a little help from the wife. Works just fine though. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back