Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

This is probably old news....but it's good news that John Williams has composed sections for the film before filming.....the opposite to what he would normally do for Star Wars films.....& the way most films are put together with temp tracks.....

His music will dictate the flow of the film....(hopefully)

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonlight (Nobody went to see it)
I'm not sure what your definition of failure is.

Moonlight made almost $60 million on a $1.5 million budget, won a slew of awards - including the Oscar for best picture and positive reviews all around. This was a low budget movie from a director with one other credit to his name. This movie is not a failure - not by any stretch of the imagination.

It was aimed at the RPF Entertainment section as a whole.
I know. The winky face was implying I was kidding. Sheesh. This thread is so serious. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

I just never read comics as a kid.
Why do you think that is? Youre 50 something right? Im just curious, everyone I know collected or read comics when I was a kid. I was(am) a Marvel fanboy, but reading comics was the norm growing up.

This is probably old news....but it's good news that John Williams has composed sections for the film before filming.....the opposite to what he would normally do for Star Wars films.....& the way most films are put together with temp tracks.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5lXJkGqYc&t=215s

His music will dictate the flow of the film....(hopefully)

John
Think he could go back and sort it for R1 whilst he is at it. That was terrible, whilst the film was great!

Think he could go back and sort it for R1 whilst he is at it. That was terrible, whilst the film was great!

I thought it was rather obvious what music williams did for TFA, and what was done by the new backup guy.

all the memorable stuff was probably williams, although i'd have to go back and listen to it again to figure out what was what.

The problem with that is that it would be pretty much impossible.

I mean, it was fairly improbable for Lukes ESB saber to resurface, but it did. That, could have simply been sucked into Bespins garbage room and saved from there.

Vaders, OTOH, was lost down the pit of the death start, which, in roughly an hour from it going down the trench, was blown to bits when the whole death start exploded. So, if it's true, we're to believe it not only withstood the destruction of the death star, but also re-entry into the Endor Atmosphere?

If that happened, it's utter BS and then it's no wonder Luke didn't destroy the crystal - it's impossible!

The problem with that is that it would be pretty much impossible.

I mean, it was fairly improbable for Lukes ESB saber to resurface, but it did. That, could have simply been sucked into Bespins garbage room and saved from there.

Vaders, OTOH, was lost down the pit of the death start, which, in roughly an hour from it going down the trench, was blown to bits when the whole death start exploded. So, if it's true, we're to believe it not only withstood the destruction of the death star, but also re-entry into the Endor Atmosphere?

If that happened, it's utter BS and then it's no wonder Luke didn't destroy the crystal - it's impossible!

Yeah, but sometimes it's ok for things to just be fun without all the machinations.

According to Box Office Mojo, it did less than 28 million, even with winning "best picture".

Moonlight made almost $60 million on a $1.5 million budget, won a slew of awards - including the Oscar for best picture and positive reviews all around. This was a low budget movie from a director with one other credit to his name. This movie is not a failure - not by any stretch of the imagination.

again, this is why we get blinking ewoks ;o).. too many people saying 'yes, this idea is GREAT!' even when it doesn't make sense at all!

Last edited:
did you just insult fraggle rock? we must be enemies now :)

No, no, no back in the day when ask about fraggle rock Jim Henson said he felt it was a failure in a way . when ask why he stated he hoped it would help the world by bringing about world piece , he was only half joking he said in later interviews .

According to Box Office Mojo, it did less than 28 million, even with winning "best picture".
That's the US take. $55,800,703 internationally...
for a movie that cost $1.5 to make...
for a movie that was released to home video (in the US) prior to the Oscars...
for a movie that never had a wide release.

There is no way to rationalize that Miracle was a failure. It is no way ever meant to be a blockbuster film, it was a small film from an unknown director and unknown cast that did good.

LOL! By the way, Empire is a traditional middle act of a three act play, they always have the same structure of conflict.

In other words, just prepping us for the "copy of Empire" , that Episode 8 will be, roflol ! Anyone want to hazard a guess, on what Episode 9 will be a copy of ;-)

again, this is why we get blinking ewoks ;o).. too many people saying 'yes, this idea is GREAT!' even when it doesn't make sense at all!

Dude you just contradicted yourself. While their eyes didn't really need an update it DOES make complete sense that they would need to blink.Sorry you just made my day with that. :lol

Ben

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back