ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Thats a Mauser M96 made by LS in Japan. Its an older kit that pops up on eBay from time to time. Ive got a kit, but no instructions. Would appreciate a copy of the instructions! Exact dimensions as an MGC, with working safety and chambers dummy rounds. Plastic construction with some metal parts. Their is another model available with a wood or plastic stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Thats a Mauser M96 made by LS in Japan. Its an older kit that pops up on eBay from time to time. Ive got a kit, but no instructions. Would appreciate a copy of the instructions! Exact dimensions as an MGC, with working safety and chambers dummy rounds. Plastic construction with some metal parts. Their is another model available with a wood or plastic stock.

Wow that's pretty cool, I had no idea that model-kit existed. Looks like it would be a fun one to build!

-Carson

Huh, thanks. You learn something new every day!

Btw, does anyone know if they're worth anything? I wouldn't mind parting with mine to free up funds for another project. ;)

(You'd think someone would have mentioned them on here before...)

No... it's not complete there either. well... to say that the left side pushrod is missing.

Too true... As JB Weld wasn't taken overseas until '89 there's a trail of Star Wars greebly artifacts all the way to Tunisia. :) I didn't think there was a definitive photo of a full length piston greebly so I thought it was open to replicator interpretation. I think this shows that they did use full length pistons, even though the left one didn't even make it through early pre-production. PLEASE feel free to correct me, man. Scottjua, you are THE expert.

Last edited:
I think I posted once before about this photo. Note the worried smile on Ford's face. This is after the first firing. I'm guessing.
If the pushrods were glued on the barrel full length, the end of the pins extend over the ejection port.
After the first round is fired, say goodbye to your pins.!

I suspect that the left pushrod was completely knocked off, and the right pushrod was broken in half as you see in subsequent post production images.

Of course it's just my guess ; )

Kpax, that would be a great explanation for Ford's expression! Maybe bits of plastic just bounced off his forehead and he's wondering what's going to happen if he pulls the trigger again.

Nice, Scott! Did the barrel work out like you hoped? You're able to strip off the upper receiver without removing the bull barrel? Congrats!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back