Costume Building Video Tutorials - Pepakura Foam, Cardboard and Paper Building

STEALTH

Sr Member
Update - The Updated Costume Building Tutorial Video Series has been completed and released on http://Heroesworkshop.com Online store.
For Digital Download Purchase.
Whatever you learn in the videos can be applied to build using pepakura files. Iron man, Halo armor, Robocop, etc

Hey Guys, ( I'm not sure if I can post this here but people suggested I make this thread before the campaign ended)

I did a kickstarter Campaign last year to help all the newer people get rolling in this hobby by creating a video tutorial series.
I used to do tutorials many years ago and wanted to put together a Newer more in depth series to have all the info needed without having to search for everything.
My previous tutorials were ripped off and sold by people over a year ago so I removed them
Later, this is what people asked me to. Recreate the videos as a product they were interested in buying.

-STEALTH
The Heroes Workshop

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Do-It-Yourself Costume Building Video Tutorial Series Kickstarter- 38 Hours Left

Your original videos were what got me hooked on this hobby and shortly after I found them they disappeared. I was really pumped to see you get this together and cannot wait to get my hands your new tutorials.

*thumbsup*

Re: Do-It-Yourself Costume Building Video Tutorial Series Kickstarter- 38 Hours Left

Thanks. A lot man. Looks like we hit the second funding goal. Which is awesome.

Your original videos were what got me hooked on this hobby and shortly after I found them they disappeared. I was really pumped to see you get this together and cannot wait to get my hands your new tutorials.

*thumbsup*

Hey Steath i think this is a great idea. I don't have face book but i would like to contribute. The video series i do have questions like how much. You have my number if you like you can send off a text let me know how i can get the $ to you...GM

It's through kickstarter, has nothing to do with Facebook. Just click the link above.

Actually man, It's not through me, it's through Kickstarter.
Link is here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-yourself-costume-building-video-tutorial-ser

Hey Steath i think this is a great idea. I don't have face book but i would like to contribute. The video series i do have questions like how much. You have my number if you like you can send off a text let me know how i can get the $ to you...GM

Re: Do-It-Yourself Costume Building Video Tutorial Series Kickstarter- 14 Hours Left

How did people steal your youtube vids and sell them? I was wondering where they went. Man that sucks. Sorry bro. Good luck with the campaign.

Re: Do-It-Yourself Costume Building Video Tutorial Series Kickstarter- 14 Hours Left

They downloaded them and sold them on a website and then a few on ebay. No worries bro. Justice was served and Redemption was mine after more than a year. as the Kickstarter Funded :thumbsup
How did people steal your youtube vids and sell them? I was wondering where they went. Man that sucks. Sorry bro. Good luck with the campaign.

Re: Do-It-Yourself Costume Building Video Tutorial Series Kickstarter

Stealth,that is an awesome initiative :thumbsup too many starters wrestling with questions that often remain unanswered,tempering their enthusiasm,which is a shame.
With your help (amongst other RPF members ofcourse),new talents may be helped on their way and perhaps even drawn to the RPF,inspiring even more people...:popcorn

If I may ask,what (sub)categories of costuming/cosplay will be taught on the dvds ? E.g.: electronics,soldering,etc.
Thank you for your reply and thanks even more for doing these tutorials ! :cool

sign me up! I'd love to buy a copy!

Update - The Updated Costume Building Tutorial Video Series has been completed and released on http://Heroesworkshop.com Online store.
For Digital Download Purchase.
Whatever you learn in the videos can be applied to build using pepakura files. Iron man, Halo armor, Robocop, etc

-STEALTH
The Heroes Workshop
sign me up! I'd love to buy a copy!

Stealth,that is an awesome initiative :thumbsup too many starters wrestling with questions that often remain unanswered,tempering their enthusiasm,which is a shame.
With your help (amongst other RPF members ofcourse),new talents may be helped on their way and perhaps even drawn to the RPF,inspiring even more people...:popcorn

If I may ask,what (sub)categories of costuming/cosplay will be taught on the dvds ? E.g.: electronics,soldering,etc.
Thank you for your reply and thanks even more for doing these tutorials ! :cool

Any way to buy the dvds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Heroes Workshop Costume Building Video Tutorial Series

Just finished downloading the tutorial videos and HOLY AWESOMENESS BATMAN!
Very nice job Stealth. The quality and content of the ones I have watched so far are top notch.

:thumbsup :cheers:cheers

Congratulations again on getting the series completed Stealth!! That's a huge accomplishment.

I hope I eventually see a bunch of my Iron Cop's walking around. :D That helmet looks so damn cool, might have to build one myself as well.

Thanks for doing the model up for the tutorial. It was a really cool design. I want to re build the helmet and shorten the chin a bit in the cardboard form. So it's more snug on my face. Luckily I built it in both paper and cardboard. So I still have the untouched cardboard version :)
Congratulations again on getting the series completed Stealth!! That's a huge accomplishment.

I hope I eventually see a bunch of my Iron Cop's walking around. :D That helmet looks so damn cool, might have to build one myself as well.

Thanks for doing the model up for the tutorial. It was a really cool design. I want to re build the helmet and shorten the chin a bit in the cardboard form. So it's more snug on my face. Luckily I built it in both paper and cardboard. So I still have the untouched cardboard version :)

No problem, I was happy to do it. It's good to have you back building again. I'm looking forward to see what you put together next.

Hey Stealth, will you be teaching how to use sintra in these tutorial videos?
Also, I'm not sure if you've seen this but you're on #6 :thumbsup

[video]https://youtu.be/p2lRQ4dNwyI[/video]

Hey,

I just cover cardstock, foam and cardboard building. I also teach how to modify regular cardstock files into foam and cardboard templates. Followed by a complete start to finish build of different costume parts showing step by step how to complete it. I don't cover sintra. I tried my best not to really infringe on what other people have done. I mainly showed how I build and update what I taught 3-4 years ago and just showed upgraded techniques I use today.

I've never seen that video you linked before. Thanks :)

Hey Stealth, will you be teaching how to use sintra in these tutorial videos?
Also, I'm not sure if you've seen this but you're on #6 :thumbsup

https://youtu.be/p2lRQ4dNwyI

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back