Iron Man Mk III build (UK) Eyes, Voice control and paint on helmet

Re: Iron Man Mk III pep build (UK)

Looks awesome, great work! I love seeing these builds come together.

That's interesting that the pelvis isn't working out. I modeled it around a human model so it should work. The only thing I can think of is that it's deforming so it's not fitting correctly. There should be supports in the pdo to help the pelvis to keep its shape. I assume you've been using my final files?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zf3hh1chja...Final.zip?dl=0

Also for the pelvis, to get it over your hips I'd suggest taking a similar approach as the master chief builds, where the pelvis is separated into two parts, front and back, by cutting down the sides, then reattaching the parts with either a stretch fabric or elastic so that you can slide it and stretch it up over your hips but it looks like a single piece once it's in place.

Oh yeah I should also mention, if you are using an old version of the pelvis, the old version wasn't designed to fit with the abs as it was made before the abs were. I had to do a lot of reshuffling of the model to get everything to fit together nicely in the final build.

Thanks DF. Without your fine work none of this would of been possible. I downloaded the final zip and yep, you guessed it, the pelvis is the older version. I thought I went through your development thread with a fine comb. There's nothing more fun than pepping something for the second or third time.....When will it ever end? That said though I'm really happy with it so far.

As for cutting the pelvis in two. I'm really not keen on the idea as I'd rather have it be a whole piece than to look like a whole piece. I'll see if it fits when finished I guess. Thanks again for your help.

hey bamboodia ,

very good job my friend !!! if you need any help maybe ask me i can tell you some good tips for your work with filler/bondo, look forward and you win this match :)

Davy, mein freund. Danke sehr. Ich denke das Ich schicke dir ganz viel nachrichten mit mehr so frage da rein in der Zukunft. Ich bin nur ein newbie und keine idee hatt ich wie was ich muss machen und deine projekt siehst so gut aus Ihre Hilfe wird gebeten.

Entschuldigung, aber mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt.

I really need to clean that thread up, it's not very clear what the final files are. Looking forward to seeing your end result!

Are you sure your scaling it proerly? The one I teplated my syntra off was scaled approx 10-12% over and it will fit a 35" waist and still looks correct to my build. Not sure how your not able to fit this at the scale your making.

Mmm .. well I know one thing .. the current version I have that is 115%, once fiberglassed, I can't fit it anymore, and I wear 33 size pants! So if you do fit in it, and you can slide it on, I'd say just glass it and see from there. It's gonna give you a good idea of what you can achieve after.

The fact that I couldn't fit it on properly stopped me from workin on the abs and side abs so it stalled me on that part of the build! :|

One thing that helped my 2nd version is to add some support to the pepped part. I just measured and added strips of paper to prevent warping. Of course, as long as they're in there, you won't be able to try the part, but just do it in order: pep w/o support, try it on, install support, resin, glass.

Hey Fin,
Yeah .. I'm pretty sure it's scaled properly .. I mean, how hard can it be right? I guess I have a big 33 ass! :D

My biggest problem is to get it up to the waist .. after that, yes it fits even if pretty tight.

I just measured the inner width of my cod piece, and it's at 32.5cm. If I look in the designer, it's at 32.1cm ..

large.jpg

Bamboo, let me know if you don't think this is helping your thread, I'll take this offline!

Hey guys, it's been a busy few days with work for me so the build has slowed a little bit. I've just been too tired to squeeze in that extra couple of hours and this helmet is seeming to take forever. I'll hopefully have an update before i catch some zzz's tonight.

I really need to clean that thread up, it's not very clear what the final files are. Looking forward to seeing your end result!

I think i went through the thread literally a week before you posted the compiled zip of the files. It's easy enough to find now though.

@Bigturc - It's all good info man. If anybody else reads this thread they might find it useful. I've settled on my scaling, which is 1.45 of the DF files, for my 28" waist and 5'8" height

Well, I'm off for my zzz's now and here's the update to the work on the helmet. I can't decide if it looks a bit big though. What do you guys reckon? Let me know.

0007.jpg

0006.jpg
0005.jpg

Goodnight all. :sleep

Another quick update. I've finished the helmet, repepped the right calf with DF files instead of zabana's, pepped the back flaps and pepped the right hip pod. I've now started work on zabana's awesome gauntlets and I have ordered myself some Fibreglassing supplies. I will get round to repepping the cod piece, for a third time, too at some point before I get too heavily into the fibreglassing stage.

Anyway, here's the latest pic

0010.jpg

Hey Fin,
Yeah .. I'm pretty sure it's scaled properly .. I mean, how hard can it be right? I guess I have a big 33 ass! :D

My biggest problem is to get it up to the waist .. after that, yes it fits even if pretty tight.

I just measured the inner width of my cod piece, and it's at 32.5cm. If I look in the designer, it's at 32.1cm ..

large.jpg

Bamboo, let me know if you don't think this is helping your thread, I'll take this offline!

sir how you get the measurement of the inside circle of the COD on the pepakura 3D veiw..? :)

Nice work mate, Great to see a Mark III come together! also like others have said, great to see another UK Iron Man coming out to play.

It's tough one this Pep thing, it can be trial an error. The only thing I pepped on my build was my inner shoulder bells and elbow armour and I got some warping on those so it's not as easy as you'd think at times. Even with the inner frame. It's down to how tight you glue it and make sure it's done at even and straight as damn it angles with the frame and then you're good to go.

If you need any help or advice when it comes to the resin and fibreglass / Bondo, Car filler stage then let me know. God knows we've all done enough of that.

My build is a modified TMP V3, I've changed out the Helmet, shoulders , Elbows, Hands and added more film accurate details around the back of the shoulder blades.

I thought it was going to be an easy enough job and I guess it was but it's so time consuming.

Good luck mate with the build and we'll be here to help.

Open pep designer in the 2D menu hit the measurement tool.

You'll be able to measure in the 2D and the 3D viewport! Most useful tool when you need to scale imho!!!

Is this a feature only in the fully paid version ?

Nice work mate, Great to see a Mark III come together! also like others have said, great to see another UK Iron Man coming out to play.

It's tough one this Pep thing, it can be trial an error. The only thing I pepped on my build was my inner shoulder bells and elbow armour and I got some warping on those so it's not as easy as you'd think at times. Even with the inner frame. It's down to how tight you glue it and make sure it's done at even and straight as damn it angles with the frame and then you're good to go.

If you need any help or advice when it comes to the resin and fibreglass / Bondo, Car filler stage then let me know. God knows we've all done enough of that.

My build is a modified TMP V3, I've changed out the Helmet, shoulders , Elbows, Hands and added more film accurate details around the back of the shoulder blades.

I thought it was going to be an easy enough job and I guess it was but it's so time consuming.

Good luck mate with the build and we'll be here to help.

Thanks man. You're not wrong when you say this pep thing isn't easy. I've had to make four calfs due to scaling and version issues and will also have to make a third cod piece for the same reasons.

Regarding the glassing stage. My thinking is that as long as I get the pieces about 90% in the correct alignment and shape I could maybe use a heat gun to warm the pieces up for a bit of tweaking should it be needed. Then once it's all correctly shaped I will start the body filler stage. Is this a good idea or recommended at all?

Hey Fin,

large.jpg

Does this option come on designer #3? It sure would help with alot of scaling problems. Just not sure I want to spend the money on a new version:confused

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back