Ghostbusters movie by Paul Feig

Re: Ghostbusters 3

There's plenty to complain about re: the second film, but that's kind of beside the point in terms of the criticisms of the reboot. Also, I suppose the "Ghostbusters 3" thread title should be changed to "Ghostbusters Reboot."

exactly. they had enough problems getting the plot to work without thinking about janine wearing a proton pack. besides, you also have star power to consider. Was annie potts anywhere near as big as rick moranis at the time? if moranis was the bigger star, I'm guessing they'd be more willing to give him the proton pack.

And I agree on the title rechange.

If you tried to do a James Bond movie where Bond was a waiter at a seedy restaurant who rode a mechanical bull on the weekend and called that James Bond, you'd be entirely missing the boat.

Watch out, they may read this and use the idea, and release "James Bond: The waiter who served me."

besides, you also have star power to consider. Was annie potts anywhere near as big as rick moranis at the time?

So you're in favor of Hollywood's method of exploiting something? I thought that was a big nono here.

Moving on......

-boredom deleted.....hey, when you find the right pose, sometimes inspiration strikes.

Last edited:

Now I realize everyone is having a coniption about them casting an all female cast for the GB3 movie... however, I don't think it would be that bad. Dan and Harold were trying to get a part 3 going for years. And I believe they actually pulled it off with the Ghostbusters video game that came out for the Playstation a few years back. It had the voices of all the original stars and was actually quite good! So, with the age of the original stars getting up there, I think handing off the reigns to a younger team might be just the thing to kickstart the interest in GB all over again. I know Dan is chompin at the bit to do something and will have an extensive hand in the writing of the screenplay. As for the all female cast, there are some terrifically funny women out there. Mellissa Macarthy is hilarious. Tina Fey is too! I'm sure they will have their own brand of humor and maybe a few new ideas to bring to the canon. I did hear however that alot of the new ideas that were incorperated into the video game's backpack will be featured in the new movie because Ramis had a hand in designing some of that stuff. Stop jumping off a cliff because your favorite character may not be in the new movie. This franchise is ripe for showing off new talent. Think about all the different branches that the GB offices could be in and who would be in them. Personally I would have liked to have seen a plot from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon turned into a movie. When they all ended up going to France to discover that the Eiffle Tower was actually a big ghost trap that was in need of repair! That would have been a very cool idea for a new movie. But in any event, as long as they don't do a remake, and just do a continuation, I'm sure everything will be fine! So don't get your panties in a bunch! Oh and Neil... don't mess with my idol Jim Croce's lyrics like that! LOL

Moving on......
got bored at the office today and a little creative photo shop work got this image done. I know it's a tad tasteless and over the top, but it's a short message that gets the point across...

Harold Ramis deserves better than having a bored office worker photoshop his grave stone being peed on just to convey your point that you don't like Ghostbusters getting a reboot. This isn't just tasteless, it's demeaning.

Oh and Neil... don't mess with my idol Jim Croce's lyrics like that! LOL

yep, agreed ;o)......I thought it might be a little on the extreme side of images anyway and debated putting it up in the first place! but, like I said, slow day here! oh well, maybe I'll take it down...

I agree... but I seriously doubt that it's gonna be a reboot of the entire franchise. Just because he said something outta context doesn't mean it's actually gonna happen. I've read that Feig interview... and these days they'll say anything to get people riled up just to generate a buzz about a new project. Just remember... not everything you read on the internet is true.

I agree... but I seriously doubt that it's gonna be a reboot of the entire franchise. Just because he said something outta context doesn't mean it's actually gonna happen. I've read that Feig interview... and these days they'll say anything to get people riled up just to generate a buzz about a new project. Just remember... not everything you read on the internet is true.

again, going back to Turtles...remember when michael bay said they where going to be aliens? And that leaked script proved it? At least I'll give paramount credit in that respect...they actually listened. and the movie still turned out terrible LOL. sometimes it's not only not true, sometimes it's worse ;o).

again, going back to Turtles...remember when michael bay said they where going to be aliens? And that leaked script proved it? At least I'll give paramount credit in that respect...they actually listened. and the movie still turned out terrible LOL. sometimes it's not only not true, sometimes it's worse ;o).

They listened only because they were afraid that they stood to lose a ton of money from the outraged fans. If it had been a couple of people who were going to go see it anyhow, the Turtles would be aliens today.

I've always suspected Michael Bay was set to hang the alien idea onto Turtles because it worked for him in Transformers. I think he literally cared that little about the Turtles franchise.

IMO if the studio had put him in charge of making the first X-Men movie in 2013 he would have probably had the mutants all be space aliens crashed on earth too. The guy just does not show any respect for source material (nor the audience for that matter) unless he is forced to.

I thought the Janine character took a beating in the 2nd movie. The spunky woman who liked Egon in the first movie does not seem like the same goofy woman jumping on Rick Moranis in the 2nd.

Agreed. They ruined that character. I remember something at the time about "nerd love" or something.
She was NOT a nerd. If they had left her be it might have helped improve the film.

They listened only because they were afraid that they stood to lose a ton of money from the outraged fans. If it had been a couple of people who were going to go see it anyhow, the Turtles would be aliens today.

then that still makes them smarter than sony. 3,000 messages of hate on their image announcement and hate all over withvery little support. you'd think they'd wisen up.

then that still makes them smarter than sony. 3,000 messages of hate on their image announcement and hate all over withvery little support. you'd think they'd wisen up.

Or maybe unlike the TMNT film, the folks working on this new Ghostbusters movie know what they want to put up on screen and really want to commit to it.

I'm not sure why the writers can't think of a way to keep this one in the same universe. What if Ray, Egon, Spengler, and Venkman just woke up one day and discovered they were turned into Wiig, McCarthy, etc. by some pissed off ghosts.

I'm not sure why the writers can't think of a way to keep this one in the same universe. What if Ray, Egon, Spengler, and Venkman just woke up one day and discovered they were turned into Wiig, McCarthy, etc. by some pissed off ghosts.

I'd be entirely fine if, 30 years down the road, the new actresses were playing people who owned a Ghostbusters franchise. What's wrong with that? You don't have to have Ray, Egon, Winston and Venkman in the movie to make it Ghostbusters, but to thumb your nose at the fans and make a movie that hardly has anything in common with the original, while keeping the name so people flock to the theaters, comes off as very cheesy.

Actually, the more I think about it, that would make a good movie. Ghosts are established, Ghostbusters becomes a big corporation, get Ernie Hudson to do a quick cameo as CEO of Ghostbusters Inc., which really is the only one who makes sense, Bill Murray wouldn't do it, Ramis is dead and let's be honest, Ray isn't the CEO type. Then you can tell whatever story you want about any group of Ghostbusters you want and it's all still connected to the larger GB world.

Last edited:

I just saw a trailer posted on some site. Apparently paul feig and Mellisa McCarthy are releasing a THIRD movie together. Either he's a feminist in training, or
McCarthy SERIOUSLY has some kind of blackmail on him.

it's kind of weird. Guess he doesn't believe in natural casting.

I just saw a trailer posted on some site. Apparently paul feig and Mellisa McCarthy are releasing a THIRD movie together. Either he's a feminist in training, or
McCarthy SERIOUSLY has some kind of blackmail on him.

it's kind of weird. Guess he doesn't believe in natural casting.

Or maybe they just like working together so much that it makes the whole film making effort worth doing. Like Martin Scorsese with Leonardo DiCaprio/Robert De Niro, Ridley Scott with Russell Crowe, Guillermo del Toro with Ron Perlman, David Fincher with Brad Pitt, Tim Burton with Johnny Depp, Quentin Tarantino with Samuel L Jackson, Edgar Wright with Simon Pegg/Nick Frost, Wes Anderson with Bill Murray, Ron Howard with Tom Hanks, Alfred Hitchcock with Hugh Grant, John Carpenter with Kurt Russell, Robert Rodriguez with Danny Trejo, ect.

Some people just like working together.

Some people just like working together.

perhaps. but when i'm on a clear 'please don't do this paul feig...' rant, I like my improbable idea better ;o).

now, here's a question. Amy Pascal steps down. they claim to be giving her a new gig where she can try and save face and move on. anyone wanna bet that she's just sitting on the sidelines now and has no real power anymore? is there a chance an executive with some vision can step in, stop this reboot, and fast track things the right way? I don't know why no director wants to touch gb 3. you'd think maybe ivan could get his son to do it and keep it in the family.

All they have to do to continue the story is simple. Peter has moved on with Dana. They Lost egon on a case a year ago. it's just ray and winston left holding the fort...and they are getting older, slower, and making mistakes. sooner or later they will do themselves in. but, most people are too scared to sign up as a recruit after what happened to Egon made big news...and they can't recruit the rookie from chicago as his operation is too lucrative. so, they need to find a way to make it marketable and get people to sign up. hence, the first annual Ghostbusters recruiting seminar. that seems the simplest story to go.train new people and eliminate them from the job for one reason or another. maybe one recruit feels betrayed and sets in motion another big bad ghost demi god after them. Seeing an army of 10 ghostbusters fighting that off would be pretty cool.

All they have to do to continue the story is simple. Peter has moved on with Dana. They Lost egon on a case a year ago. it's just ray and winston left holding the fort...and they are getting older, slower, and making mistakes. sooner or later they will do themselves in. but, most people are too scared to sign up as a recruit after what happened to Egon made big news...and they can't recruit the rookie from chicago as his operation is too lucrative. so, they need to find a way to make it marketable and get people to sign up. hence, the first annual Ghostbusters recruiting seminar. that seems the simplest story to go.train new people and eliminate them from the job for one reason or another. maybe one recruit feels betrayed and sets in motion another big bad ghost demi god after them. Seeing an army of 10 ghostbusters fighting that off would be pretty cool.

A reasonably acceptable story. There are others as well. And with your idea you could even use the same people. Make McCarthy and Wiig the new recruits. Problem solved. And we could stop being accused of being sexist for pointing out the obvious: that crappy reboot idea is crap.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back