My Greedo Blaster Build (NOT A GREEDO KILLER)

vader1974

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have started my journey for a life sized / costume Greedo.

Good pics of this blaster are few and far between. The following two threads were / are instrumental in getting me this far. I love the RPF search engine!
If anyone has more greedo blaster pics or information please feel free to enlighten me.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/greedo-blaster-pics-82755/

http://www.therpf.com/f79/greedo-blaster-discussion-201887/

I started this build with an ASG Airsoft Copy of the Ruger Mark 1 (the real prop was built from a real Ruger Mark 1).
g3.JPG

My first step was to order the correct rear sight from Ruger, I picked up a set of grips as well. After a couple of modifications to the sight and grips, I was happy.
grip.JPG
sight.JPG

The airsoft is pretty cool so I decided to keep it functional if possible, next step was to replace the barrel to a more correct tapered barrel specifically like the prop pictured below. Got this pic from one of the above threads, notice the extended step before the taper.
bapty.jpg

My Barrel Construction
g1.JPGg4.JPG
I drilled the new barrel to hold the airsoft metal barrel and recreated the slot and setscrew from the plastic airsoft bull barrel.

Thanks to the above threads, I found some of the detail parts are from the Hawker Tomtit Model Kit. I got a couple sets of the parts from Reade Models in the UK.
tomtit.JPG

Here is my barrel with the Tomtit Engine part as a Flash Hider.
g2.JPG

The end cap is a 1/4-20 screw cover. I drilled and tapped the end so the cover would fit nicely.
photo 2.JPG

The other Tomtit detail parts are included in the picture. I cut my imperial disc details a little small, so I will need to make some new ones a tad larger.

I antennae parts or qtips were a bit small to make on my lathe so I drilled out the tomtit qtips, made a center section and ran a brass rod through the parts for the completed detail. I need to make a base so the detail runs parallel to the gun, but I am pretty happy with the current state of the project.
photo 4.JPG

More to come...

Answered a couple of PMs about the Tomtit Parts.

The sight rod greebie (always loved that word). I made mine from the Tomtit push rods, a piece of brass stock, and a 2mm brass rod. Since the tomtit push rods are plastic and I am going to holster the gun on occasion, I decided to replace the plastic rod section with a 2mm brass rod (adding durability and allowing for a mostly straight sight section, since I drilled a 2mm hole through the push rods and the brass center section).

ttpart.JPG

The back of the cylinder head (Catamaran piece) is hollow. At first, I thought about gluing two the heads together, so that the pill sections are cylindrical, but that makes the part pretty big. I have not decided whether to use the part as is (hollow), glue two parts together, or fill in the hollow parts with epoxy or bondo.

I am open to suggestions or comments.

Cool! Don't see too many of these around.
I'd love to upgrade mine eventually. The problem is getting hold of
some of those Tomtit parts.

don't fill it... the prop dept. didn't do this either ;)

Markus
Yeah, The more that I think about it, I just think attach that sucker and forget it. Thinking of drilling a small hole in the middle of the piece and tapping the bolt / ejector with a 4-40 tap, then filling the space with a couple of washers. Maybe a little over kill, sure the prop department just glued it on

Are we positive that the open section of the cylinder head (Catamaran piece) points to the back of the gun?

Ok. I mounted the cylinder head to the ejection port. I can always glue and fill the hole later, if I decide that I don't like it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397519222.174205.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397519230.357051.jpg

Not 100% positive, but we implied the orientation of the cylinder cover on the Greedo blaster based on the available pics of the Jawa blaster pistol.
You should check the following thread, if you didn´t already have ;)

http://www.therpf.com/f79/greedo-blaster-discussion-201887/

BTW: Nice progress! I am afraif I won´t have a chance to drill/ tap the bolts of my two rugers without messing these up, since I don´t have access to a mill/ professional machinery :(

Markus

No progress to show, but I noticed this picture in the Hasbro Black Series Promo materials and in the Celebration Japan Program. We really need a high rez copy of this photo! It show the left side of the blaster. Surely someone has a copy of this photo that is not 1 inch tall.

Hasbro-Black-Series-Greedo-Promo-02.jpgcloseup (2).jpg

Last edited:
NICE :d

so there is a second TomTit engine cover on the left side, making it mirrored details on both sides !

Thanks, Markus

It could be another tomtit cylinder cover, but it seems to be a different color. I really wish we could get a hold of some better pictures. Does anyone have a line on the missile parts?

no other color, just highlights/ reflections

the missile partshave already been identified...stylus brush rod plus transcriptor tonearm adapter

Markus

None I am afraid

repro stylus brush rods are available over at TDH, but the tonearm part is not just hard to find but -as always- damn expensive :(

Markus

NICE :d

so there is a second TomTit engine cover on the left side, making it mirrored details on both sides !

Thanks, Markus

Nope. It's a rectangular block with a threaded rod running through it.
The missile assembly seems to be nearly the same on that side, but the stylus head piece is missing (which leaves the front end of the stylus brush rod silver).

Nope. It's a rectangular block with a threaded rod running through it.
The missile assembly seems to be nearly the same on that side, but the stylus head piece is missing (which leaves the front end of the stylus brush rod silver).

Got any pictures or size estimates?

interested in a set of stylus brush rods???...Gav over at TDH has made a few spares when he did mine :)

Markus

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back