Identified Jawa Pistol parts?

Mangamax

How do.
Just finished the Jawa Blaster from ROTJ for our 7 year-old:

SDC13811 (2).jpg

And, while i'm pretty happy how its come out, its a bit heavy for her on a troop.
Looking at my Chronicles book i noticed the much smaller and lighter pistol:

jpis.png

And thought that might be a nice simple build for her.
But don't seem to be able to readily find anywhere that mentions the parts needed, specifically the donor gun and the holey barell.
Anyone got any advice or pointers by chance?

Ah, cheers for that MJF.
So, a Ruger is needed for the donor gun. Had a quick look on the 'Bay over here in the UK and there's none to be seen.
Anyone know where i can get one? Or a suitable replacement?
And, what about the barrel with the holes in? Does anyone know of anyone who sells them?
Or do i have to get a Solo Blaster and use the one on that?

There is some more discussion about the base weapon here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/greedo-blaster-pics-82755/

In short from that discussion, there is an airsoft version that goes for $50-$65. I believe the rear sight is incorrect but you can modify it with a rear sight from a real Ruger Mk 1. The base weapon was further modified for the Greedo version but I do not think that was the case for the Jawa version.

I guess the question at hand is how accurate are you wanting to go. Are you wanting to a highly detailed piece that can also be used for display or simply a prop for your daughter to carry? Because if you are not going for high end and willing to do plastic, I might have some ideas.

My next budget suggestion is to find a toy/airsoft/water gun/bb gun (used or new) that is similar in shape to the Ruger Mk 1.

Such as: 411Toys: Airsoft: High Quality Lugar Style Target Pistol

The imperial discs replicas can be found on ebay, possibly even in the Junkyard here, you can also get cheaper plastic versions on Shapeways. You can also try replicating the discs with washers, spacers, wooden craft store discs, etc...

http://www.elvistrooper.com/disk.htm

http://www.shapeways.com/model/146809/imperial-disc-greeblie.html

http://www.therpf.com/f24/whats-brotha-gotta-do-imperial-officer-disc-40694/

Last edited:
There is some more discussion about the base weapon here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/greedo-blaster-pics-82755/

In short from that discussion, there is an airsoft version that goes for $50-$65. I believe the rear sight is incorrect but you can modify it with a rear sight from a real Ruger Mk 1. The base weapon was further modified for the Greedo version but I do not think that was the case for the Jawa version.

The common airsoft is a bull barrel version (standard version seems to be discontinued. it was always hard to find). The original gun was a special Mk.1 with a threaded base at the end of the barrel. It seems it was custom made like this by Bapty (film weapons rental) and both the Greedo and Jawa blasters are direct casts of the same gun.
I have the bull barrel airsoft myself. The rear sight was an easy fix. The barrel is a bit more tricky, but my plan is to replace it with a barrel of a toy P38 (size and taper seems about right).

The common airsoft is a bull barrel version (standard version seems to be discontinued. it was always hard to find). The original gun was a special Mk.1 with a threaded base at the end of the barrel. It seems it was custom made like this by Bapty (film weapons rental) and both the Greedo and Jawa blasters are direct casts of the same gun.
I have the bull barrel airsoft myself. The rear sight was an easy fix. The barrel is a bit more tricky, but my plan is to replace it with a barrel of a toy P38 (size and taper seems about right).

I sort of asked this in the other thread but I am not sure it got addressed. What is the origin of the Jawa pistol? Other than the photo above (photographed for the vis dict... right?) does the pistol show up elsewhere? I know a lot of fan made prop and costume replicas were utilized to create that book.

I sort of asked this in the other thread but I am not sure it got addressed. What is the origin of the Jawa pistol? Other than the photo above (photographed for the vis dict... right?) does the pistol show up elsewhere? I know a lot of fan made prop and costume replicas were utilized to create that book.

The Jawa pics are vintage from 1977. They were also seen in Star Wars Chronicles before Visual Dictionary. They were on T-shirts and other stuff in 1977-78

I don't recall seeing the pistol elsewhere. I would guess it came to the US with other stuff after production wrapped - all those common props we see in publicity photos (GK blaster, E-11 with red/green wires, Merr Sonn blaster etc.).
It's probably production made, but not sure if screen used.

Attachments

• iron_on1.jpg
    iron_on1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 103
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back