Gladiator 2

Please no. This film was amazing and it should not be made into a sequel. The pitched story is beyond dumb in my opinion.

Typical goofy impossible-reboot idea.

Come on, just slap different names on the characters and make it a new show. They could even keep Russell Crowe in the lead role if they want. Clint Eastwood played more than one gunslinger outlaw character over the course of his career.

SRS is kinda fond of prequels at the minute, got another four Alien ones lined up supposedly so maybe that's what he means by "bringing him back"

No not hate it LOATHE it and yeah i felt the same way about you being impatient with DS-9! ;)

I got my eye on you! :lol

You're the only one I've ever heard say they didn't like it, let alone hate it.

I may have to reevaluate our friendship, Apollo.

The Wook

We have seen this before. Sequels that completely take away important pieces from the initial film that made it great.

They'll probably have him come back from the dead, but he will be in Melissa McCarthy's body in modern times and have his personality fighting with hers in her head. She'll be at Starbucks, accidentally drop her latte as the crowd laughs at her and she suddenly screams "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???" Then, she goes shopping, and hilarity ensues as Maximus argues with her about a skirt she wants.

Remember Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite? He was so obsessed with his glory days in high school that he couldn't let go. He wanted to relive those days so bad that he's now a bit "off". Has trouble seeing things clearly and acts a bit irrational.

This is Ridley Scott. He had great success with Alien and Bladerunner. Both movies that need no sequal. However, he wants to relive his glory days and recapture lightning in a bottle so badly he's having a tough time identifying a bad script when he sees one. I don't know about you, but I thought Prometheus was weak at best. Yes, the Bladerunner sequel has me concerned. Now the man is considering this ridiculous notion of continuing Gladiator with Russel Crowe?

Of course he's not alone. Hollywood is filled with successful people who refuse to let go of the past. George Lucas and Sylvester Stallone come to mind.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back