the biggest crappy series endings

KrangPrime

Master Member
a great finale for quantum leap ruined by one sentence that never made much sense

'dr sam becket never returned home'

could have been left open ended simply by adding 'because his home changed due to creating a time paradox'

or something

sigh

The ending to Enterprise. With all of its many problems, I still thought it was coming into its own when that b**** slap of a series ending came about. I know I am in the minority on this, but I would have liked to have seen another season with a newly refit NX-01 and the Romulan War, with Shran as a new crew member.

The Battletech cartoon in the 90s, it even had a comic book and then bam it suddenly went off the air with no ending episode at all. Also Dark Skies back in the 90s, the show was a hit and got ended with that really crappy ending they were forced to come up with.

Lost & penny dreadful.

also American horror story. season 1 & 2. Never watched anymore seasons passed those 2 seasons. the whole show ending up being a dumpster fire. Lots of promise at the start and just then started pouring more gas as it reached its final.

Last edited:
a great finale for quantum leap ruined by one sentence that never made much sense

'dr sam becket never returned home'

could have been left open ended simply by adding 'because his home changed due to creating a time paradox'

or something

sigh

The more depressing aspect of that is the fact that since Project Quantum Leap was a government funded project, and since it almost had its funding pulled once before, more than likely Sam is lost in time without Al and Ziggy and might even have even gotten stuck in some random time period because he didn't have access to information of what he was supposed to do and *didn't* right what went wrong :(

i would always assume that things would go on like they did in 'a leap for lisa' where sam had a different, less efficient observer trying to help him or maybe al would naturally find his way to the project still, just a little differently than it happened the first time and in a different capacity because he didn't accomplish as much in life being a full time family man

Yeah no doubt Penny Dreadful ended awfully. It's like halfway through filming the third season somebody said "Whoops, we're not renewed for a fourth season, wrap up EVERYTHING in the last few episodes".

Basically almost that. The writer said he is only wanting to do 3 seasons. He told them from the start and held his ground. Too bad they couldn't come to agreement to do a fourth to make the ending clean n neat. But they did leave some ends open for more story lines. Just hope they find an writer and get the 1st writers ok to continue on with his story.

Im going to go with Dexter, True Blood, and the robocop comics from the early 90's, and even today. Horrible endings, such a bummer. Especially with the new robocop comics they put out, I guess they lost the licensing for it because it ended after 12 issues, with no closure. They just stopped making them.

I'm especially pissed about Lost. I (like everyone else) said from Season 1 that they were in Purgatory. Writers were like nope, not purgatory. Series Finale? Purgatory

The island wasn't purgatory - i thought - the place where those who died and returned (like charlie, etc) was purgatory. They experienced something in life so intense (the island) that it brought them back together in the afterlife (purgatory) where they waited for all of themselves to be present before moving to the final destination.

The more depressing aspect of that is the fact that since Project Quantum Leap was a government funded project, and since it almost had its funding pulled once before, more than likely Sam is lost in time without Al and Ziggy and might even have even gotten stuck in some random time period because he didn't have access to information of what he was supposed to do and *didn't* right what went wrong :(
There was a fan-film "A leap to Di For", where Sam had been leaping for some time, possibly years, with just an A.I. version of Al (who was about as much use as Siri) because of budget cuts.

I think what angered me about Lost was that they spent the final season creating new questions to answer so they could ignore all of the questions from the previous seasons. As for shows like Enterprise and a few others, those stink of "crap, we're being cancelled. Quick, write something to wrap things up."

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back