CHIPs movie? WTH happened?

Exactly! Two shows I don't want to see touched, ever!! Especially not turned into a comedy. Rockford Files and Magnum P.I. Hands off!!!

Magnum is getting touched - although on TV, no film.

This fall (supposedly) is a new Magnum series featuring.....wait for it......his daughter.

Yeah I remember reading about that. I'm just hoping it dies before it makes it to the screen or soon after. Such a bad idea!

The only Ben Stiller thing I could ever stomach was the Night at the Museum movies. Partly because I had to watch them with my nephew, but they were decent. Otherwise I can't stand him. He always seems too forced rather than just naturally being funny.
I liked the first night at the museum and meet the parents.... That's all the Ben Stiller I could stomach as well......

Owen Wilson is alright but they keep putting him (a chillax guy) in roles that are supposed to be humorous. I like him more than Ben though for sure...

This isn't a shock, look at that Starsky and Hutch disaster or 21 jump street. Everything has to be a comedy because nobody in hollywood can write anything other than that or oscar grade trash dramas.

You can't possibly try to lump 21 Jump Street in with Starsky & Hutch. 21 Jump Street and 22 for that matter were hilarious movies.

None of these shows were ever "great". We were kids and they were great for kids. I saw some episodes of Chips recently, and it was not what I remembered. That said, Hollywood has proven itself to be completely tone deaf when it comes to making these movies. Every instinct is wrong, including the instinct to even make it. Hollywood is a corpse at this point. Or, an undead corpse. It needs to just decompose and be gone.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back