1:1 Yoda ESB Sculpture (MasterEdi V2)

MasterEdi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One of the first projects I posted on RPF was my ESB Yoda sculpt. (I still use it as my profile avatar) Yoda is truly one of the most difficult Star Wars characters to capture successfully. A few uber-talented Artists and craftsmen on here have done some AMAZING renditions in sculpture and as puppets.

I myself, still have a desire to create a more accurate sculpt than my previous one.... So here goes, I hope you enjoy watching as I progress...

First thing, choosing a pose. I want this version, Yoda looking up...
image.jpg

Next, building my armature.... Just using 24" pipe, flange, insulation board, aluminum foil, and finally good ol duck tape! (the key to any project)
image.jpg

Now it's clay and sculpt time.
image.jpg

After 2 days at it, this is my roughed in Yoda :thumbsup... I'm very happy with this start!
image.jpg

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your encouragement!:thumbsup... I did a little work today, and took some better photos. Trying to capture Stuart Freeborn's Yoda can be really frustrating, (sigh) It's no wonder why it hasn't been around since Empire and Jedi days. I don't consider Episode 1 Yoda or CGI Yoda anything close...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Worked on Yoda today, it's slow going now. Ugh, too many wrinkles! Still have a lot to do yet. I sculpted his mouth slightly open. Trying to give him a speaking likeness. Hopefully it will give him a little life and personality. That's really my goal. I think that's what has disappointed me about all the 'officially licensed' Yoda figures. They look so dead to me. (And most hardly even look like Yoda) ... I'll post more pics soon, ...
image.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back