Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

It's kind of funny how separate these films feel from the rest of Marvel. I like that about them though.

I treasure it, one of the things I love about Marvel space epics is they are space epics, not focusing on every little spat going on on Earth
or the whole universe is interested in Earth's fate. They really take you out of this world, fantastic locations and characters that
just can't be done on Earth, their nature is just too large in scope to drag in the Earth based Marvel stuff to any large degree. And
I think they know too many characters can cause problems.

They can't even if they wanted to, Universal has the Marvel attraction rights on the east coast.

Actually, they COULD do this at DHS here in Orlando, they just can't use the actual Marvel name in the marketing, which they're not able to do in California either. They've had the Characters in the parks doing meet and greets previously. The Guardians aren't part of the contract deal that Universal and Marvel penned back in the '90s. But there's also this 60-mile rule for rides so I don't think your tower of terror here on the East Coast has anything to worry about for a little bit at least.
Marvel was clearly desperate at the time as the contract (located here) is overwhelmingly in Universal's favor. We'll see if it's able to stand up to the monster that is Disney after too long though.
With all of the other Marvel properties coming out it's going to be interesting to see how this is all handled.... Because if Universal wants to update their attractions aesthetically they have to get Marvel approval, but as what has happened with the Hulk ride, UO wanted to use MCU material and Disney said no, so they had to go back to the comic version... And with (not really)new properties coming forward like Ant-man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Guardians I doubt Disney will let them use any of those characters since they weren't part of the initial deal... But the MCU is what the general public knows now, not the comic versions.
Should be an interesting time here in Orlando...

Couldn't be more excited to see Rooker as Yondu again. Enjoy his acting very much, and Rooker is funny as hell in person. Met him at Awesome Con this year, and he had me rolling.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Teaser Poster.

CvHOtUJVMAAELF1.jpg

So cool......wee baby Groot wearing a wee Starlord coat.....& Nebula with a human face???

Can't wait for this

J

YES! Very very excited for this movie - the first one is still one of my all time favorite films.

Watching through the teaser a second time I noticed this...
Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 12.37.38 PM.png
Is it just me or does the wreckage in the background look like the Milano? If it is, the Guardians will have totaled their ship in both movies! :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back