Weekly Mythbusters Discussion Thread

I had that feeling when they started doing "movie tie-in" episodes like the Green Hornet episode with Seth Rogen. I still enjoy Mythbusters a lot, but I think it has run it's course and I'd rather see it end now than see it drag on with uninteresting experiments.

It's still a drag :(

I wonder what they will do after, would love to see more of Adam. I'm sure he will continue with Tested.

I totaly agree! I don't have cable/satalite, so I haven't seen a current episode in a while, but what a thoroughly entertaining show. I'll just have to start at the beginning and rewatch all the episodes. @asavage I will miss watching Mythbusters, but I know I'll see you on Tested.com and whatever else you decide to do. Thank you! See you at Comic Con.

If you find a way, Discovery is showing every single episode of Mythbusters to date starting on December 23.

I read the interview this morning that Adam and Jamie did with EW about the show ending: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/21/mythbusters-ending-interview.

It's a really interesting read in terms of what the guys will be doing post-MB, as well as shedding some quite frank perspective on the relationship they have with each other, and with the show, as well as what the two of them have planned for the future. Having said that, i'm pretty gutted that next season will be the last to be honest. Mythbusters has been a staple in my life for years, and it's affected me in a pretty non-standard way (compared to the obvious "inspiring science and research" stuff that the show is known for).

When I started dating my partner, we spent the first 4 years in a long-distance relationship. Because of this, we often used to have "Skype dates", where we'd watch TV together. A lot of the time that was Mythbusters. Looking back on the early years of our relationship I have a lot of memories of my then-girlfriend and myself talking about myths and the science behind them, and I really think the show brought out her inner geek, and brought us closer together. It must have had some kind of positive effect anyway, because I married her two and a half weeks ago!

@asavage - I have told you via PM in the past what a positive impact your show has had on my life. Although I will be sad to see Mythbusters and the dynamic of yourself and Jamie disappear from our screens, I am excited to see what you both have planned for the future. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

I have to say this quote from that Article surprised me. I knew they had their differences but this is implying that they really don't like each other at all
"The perfectly opposed duo, famously never friends off-screen," I swear Jamie and Adam seemed to get closer after the 3 amigos were let go and they both seemed to really be enjoying the show that much more.

Well they pulled off being able to tolerate each other VERY well!

I am sad to see the show go but I have to agree with some of the above statements, The show has just run out of ideas at this point.

They put a rocket on a car for us,
they blew up a cement truck for us
built a sail boat out of Duct Tape
built the world's coolest Slip-n-Slide
smashed a car with a rocket powered sled
got into a shark cage
built a chicken canon
cooked a Thanksgiving dinner in a Cadillac

Built the .50 caliber machine gun rig in the trunk of a Cadillac, and it worked beautifully

and so many others, that I say "Thank you" and am ready to see what happens next.. I can imagine that over the next 20+ years, (when there is NOTHING original on TV) we will see them (edited) together for a reunion show

Thank You Mythbusters..

I truly believe that Mythbusters will go down in the annals of television history as one of the all-time greats. I do hate that it is leaving as I was really enjoying the new shows and their direction. I will admit that it had gotten too 'splosiony' during the last few years.

I have to say this quote from that Article surprised me. I knew they had their differences but this is implying that they really don't like each other at all
"The perfectly opposed duo, famously never friends off-screen," I swear Jamie and Adam seemed to get closer after the 3 amigos were let go and they both seemed to really be enjoying the show that much more.

Well they pulled off being able to tolerate each other VERY well!

I am sad to see the show go but I have to agree with some of the above statements, The show has just run out of ideas at this point.

It doesn't necessarily imply they don't like each other. I always figured they were like coworkers. There's plenty of people I work with who I have never gotten together with as "friends" outside work, but that doesn't mean we hate each other. it's just at the end of the workday/workweek we go our separate ways

Sad to see them go but I guess it's time. Dunno about that Tested though; I can't stand that Norman Chan.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you are... I agree. Has about as much personality as a goldfish. With Will leaving Tested, it will leave a lot to be desired sadly.

It's sad to see the show go. It is one of the only shows that I've seen each and every episode of, but without hesitation I'll still watch every time it's on. It has been the background noise for more projects, molds, and other creations than I can count.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you are... I agree. Has about as much personality as a goldfish. With Will leaving Tested, it will leave a lot to be desired sadly...

It's his lack of personality, his overall inexperience at life (seriously, the guy never has anything to say or add on the Still Untitled Project when anything life-related pops up), and most of all, the way he speaks annoys me. Like he's speaking with his nose plugged or constantly breathing with his mouth, even when talking. It's so grating to me that, I never say this about anybody, it makes me want to punch the guy for really no reason just to get him to stop.

:facepalm that went south rather quickly

I sensed a great disturbance in The Force, as though millions of voices cried out. It sounded like the Duck army only more so.

Adam, Will and the duck army :lol funny

Yep that was the proverbial "handwriting on the wall"

all in caps using impact THE END IS NIGH :lol
asavage what others have said, you rock and thanks :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping the final season will be good and will actually deliver on the "back to our roots" thing. imo, the last season/two short seasons were the worst.

I'm not all that upset about the show ending. Still kinda bitter about Grant not being on the show anymore. lol. Discovery should give Adam his own cosplaying show. That wouldn't be a bad idea.

It's his lack of personality, his overall inexperience at life (seriously, the guy never has anything to say or add on the Still Untitled Project when anything life-related pops up), and most of all, the way he speaks annoys me. Like he's speaking with his nose plugged or constantly breathing with his mouth, even when talking. It's so grating to me that, I never say this about anybody, it makes me want to punch the guy for really no reason just to get him to stop.
damn. that's kinda harsh! :lol the only thing i don't like about him is how he seemingly can't keep his hands to himself.

damn. that's kinda harsh! :lol the only thing i don't like about him is how he seemingly can't keep his hands to himself.

Really? I can't help but notice the only thing he keeps his hands on is his phone.

I would never go as far as to wish harm on the guy, but it doesn't make sense having one of the least social people I've ever seen do interviews and podcasts. I really hope Tested takes Adam on full time and phases Norm into the background. Hopefully Jamie will feature more now as well?

Mythbusters going the way of the dodo truly saddens me in the deepest fibers of my being. I can hardly remember a time where Mythbusters wasn't a part of my daily TV habits. Adam going fulltime at Tested would be a phenomenonal silver lining however.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back