Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet: FREE STL FILES

Re: Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet WIP

Looks great. Think you should wait for a real image of the dome?

I know you have the artwork, but we have no confirmation that its even accurate to film, like we do with the mask.

I think there will be two domes pre-film and post film haha

many want this in prep for the film so a plain dome can always have details added to a cast if they come

I think there will be two domes pre-film and post film haha

many want this in prep for the film so a plain dome can always have details added to a cast if they come
Sounds good. So you plan to support any new domes as they come out? I'm waiting to build mine till I can get good enough reference for all parts (hopefully pre-film but ok if not)

Good point ! I'll tweak to adjust

I would def work on the dome a little more, to try and get the shape shape in.

There are some photos where you can see the side of the dome and see how it hits his collar, as well as some of the detailing head the mask.

It would be super unfortunate to spend all this time on the mask and to miss it on the dome. Sure there will need to be a V2 dome after the shots come out.

The concept photos are pretty close to the end result so far as we've seen, so I would try and take the shape of this.

Absolutely ! It still feels good to be on the tweaking stage rather than the initial stage

May I say, I applaud you!!! I will be in line for the purchase of the 3d print files, if you ever release them, and/or for a casting run of the 4 pieces.

thanks !

I'm almost ready ^^

i'm currently putting the finishing touches on it now to get it at least as good as i'm capable of !

BNCzAjl.jpg

just got the small infil between the cheek and helmet then the last plate between the face plate and cheek some small detailing here and there and i'll be ready to rock

thanks !

I'm almost ready ^^

i'm currently putting the finishing touches on it now to get it at least as good as i'm capable of !

View attachment 476901

just got the small infil between the cheek and helmet then the last plate between the face plate and cheek some small detailing here and there and i'll be ready to rock

Do you plan on reshaping the overall slope of the dome? I know that it's a big unknown right now, but based on the concept drawings it seems that the overall shape isn't right yet.

I think that the shape and flow of the dome the Edi has really slams it home, would you consider tweaking it to match the concept drawings? Or it it just the angle you show of the design that is messing me up? Can you give us some other perspectives?

Also, I don't see the little piece at the lower cheep that attaches the done to the face.. like this:
Capture.PNG

Do you plan on reshaping the overall slope of the dome? I know that it's a big unknown right now, but based on the concept drawings it seems that the overall shape isn't right yet.

I think that the shape and flow of the dome the Edi has really slams it home, would you consider tweaking it to match the concept drawings? Or it it just the angle you show of the design that is messing me up? Can you give us some other perspectives?

Also, I don't see the little piece at the lower cheep that attaches the done to the face.. like this:
View attachment 476902

from the very post you quoted "just got the small infil between the cheek and helmet then the last plate between the face plate and cheek some small detailing here and there and i'll be ready to rock" hehe :) so short answer yes still have that to do ^^

on the some shape i'll show some different orientations. on the backcurve of the dome, from some of the flash shots of side views I do not think the lower dome flair is as extreme as what is shown in the concept as masterEdi has modeled on

i'll try and make some illustrations later on my justifications on the dome edge, i'll also be sticking with a flat dome over the concept.

the exhibit shows the helmet tilted slightly so i'll try to show my helmet at a complementary angle :)

Last edited by a moderator:

from the very post you quoted "just got the small infil between the cheek and helmet then the last plate between the face plate and cheek some small detailing here and there and i'll be ready to rock" hehe :) so short answer yes still have that to do ^^

on the some shape i'll show some different orientations. on the backcurve of the dome, from some of the flash shots of side views I do not think the lower dome flair is as extreme as what is shown in the concept as masterEdi has modeled on

i'll try and make some illustrations later on my justifications on the dome edge, i'll also be sticking with a flat dome over the concept.

the exhibit shows the helmet tilted slightly so i'll try to show my helmet at a complementary angle :)

Hahaah, good point. I guess I wasn't really understanding and just glazed over it.... even though you clearly spelled it out and when I typed it I said almost the exact same thing.

Since you will be making these in multiple pieces, will you also entertain to sell them in separate pieces? I'd love to be able to buy the parts that we can see and then buy the V2 of the other parts when we have more references.

You've done some stellar work and I"m eagerly awaiting the release of your castings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hahaah, good point. I guess I wasn't really understanding and just glazed over it.... even though you clearly spelled it out and when I typed it I said almost the exact same thing.

Since you will be making these in multiple pieces, will you also entertain to sell them in separate pieces? I'd love to be able to buy the parts that we can see and then buy the V2 of the other parts when we have more references.

You've done some stellar work and I"m eagerly awaiting the release of your castings.

absolutely i expect to change things as we move forward i.e new information refences etc

Ok so some people wondered why i have not followed the same slope as the concept art for the Kylo Ren Helmet:

b0TQAvn.jpg

i belive there has been a shift from the concept based on the exhibit from looking at the few good flash shots from the side i've submitted the end angle is less steep i've used an elipse as the base of the helmet rim to show the line of intersection

Iw2BqqP.jpg
Exhibit

My Helm

9iR4hym.png

Crazy Composite
vDhNL6K.jpg

as you can see my helmet is certainly not perfect but hopefully this helps shine some light on my justification on this end line

also doing these mockups has highlighted some additional shaping i need to do on the dome:

7GuMxuI.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back