BTTF Marty Sunglasses

But the glasses are black, right or do they have a different colour mirror effect?

There are different types of lenses. Mine are a smokey or dark grey tint and not the brownish tint. The reflective coating is silver like a mirror and the frames are also silver.

attachment.php

You can see here how well they reflect the Hover Board.

Attachments

• 20150221_224646.jpg
    20150221_224646.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 7,098
If only someone used shapeways or some other method to reproduce the black piece of plastic for sale. I would buy that.

Yes. It has the word Zeiss on the front and some other words I can't make out.

"West Germany" :) That's the old Zeiss logo before the German reunification in 1990, when we are parted in a western and an eastern country. The word "West" in the name was necessary because in Eastern Germany they had a Zeiss company, too. Two different companies with the same name and the same products.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1331835492_zeiss_8105_west_germany.jpg
    1331835492_zeiss_8105_west_germany.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,065
Last edited:
So... I wonder how many guys would be interested in a replica pair of these. The only difference from the originals would be the lack of logo on the bridge. Would that be a "deal breaker" for you guys?

So... I wonder how many guys would be interested in a replica pair of these. The only difference from the originals would be the lack of logo on the bridge. Would that be a "deal breaker" for you guys?
The lack of the logo on the bar may be a deal breaker for me since it is the logo that makes these noticed as what aviators they actually are ("Marty's") by people who've taken the time to notice such a detail. I think the aviators would be thought of as any other aviators without the logo even by BTTF fans. Would you be against people modifying your work in an attempt to replicate the logo, maybe if they buy a separate bar from you so they can switch bars? Like, with one bar it'd be your work exactly as you replicated it, unmodified, and the other it'd be someone who attempted the logo on the bar for that last detail to give themselves the satisfaction. The logo, for me, is kinda important since these are one of the things I'd like to own the most. :|

By the way. Never spoken to you before but I gotta say your replica props are amazing. Just wanted to add that in. heheh

I agree that a lack of logo would be a deal breaker. Like J EM said, it's the logo that differentiates Marty's aviators from any others. Most wouldn't notice the difference. If there would be a way to actually incorporate the logo on the bar, I'd definitely be interested as the Zeiss glasses are very high on my wish list.

I don't know why it's a deal breaker for you guy, as you can hardly see it in the movie anyway. I think ot would be a great idea and a good contribution to the community. I'm sure more people would agree with this. I don't know of any other aviators with this bridge piece above it so I think they will still be pretty recognizable.

I don't know of any other aviators with this bridge piece above

RayBan make Aviators with the same shape reinforcement bar but the bar appears (from Google Images) to be behind the front thin bar. I used to own a pair of these in black frame with black lenses. I did find black frame and a mirror silver lens option. Pricey though. I think I will stick with my $10 specials :)

I would definitely be interested in a pair of Marty Mcfly sunglasses. The logo doesn't bother me too much, as it's something you could always add or paint on after to give the overall look. What about putting the outline or a space on the cross bar part, so that a decal could be added later on, should the owner wish to add it. As long as the frame had the right shape, and colour, lenses were mirrored, plus it had the cross bar support, I would be very happy.

We're not adding the logo of another company. The only thing we could do is add some other text there for effect, whether it's "MAGNOLI" or even "MARTY" for example, in the same style as the original Zeiss logo. Either that or keep it plain. Let me know what you guys think.

Emma, anything you can provide in the way of photos and measurements especially, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Magnoli

I don't know why it's a deal breaker for you guy, as you can hardly see it in the movie anyway. I think ot would be a great idea and a good contribution to the community. I'm sure more people would agree with this. I don't know of any other aviators with this bridge piece above it so I think they will still be pretty recognizable.
For me, it may be a deal breaker. While you could hardly see it in the movie, the logo, while not recognizable to most, is visible on that teaser. I guess I'm just obsessive over the things I really like. Replicating Marty's outfit is one of the things I'd like doing and of all the original pieces on it I'd like to have for it it'd be the Zeiss sunglasses the most. I'd like having a replica down to the last detail. I think some people here may understand what it is like. e.e

Anyway, here I thought the bar would be removable. Not sure if that is the case. I used to own a pair of aviators years ago with a brow bar, the first time I attempted to look for them, and while the things weren't accurate, the plastic was removable by snapping it on and off revealing just the wire. Foolish of me to think it'd be the same thing for these. :facepalm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back