efx 1:1 Yoda ESB puppet

Hey guys! I'm swamped here at the show and getting a good wi if connection is a pain but I'll definitely make a thorough post as soon as I get back.
This yoda early prototype is made from production made parts acquired directly from Stuart freeborn before he passed. These freeborn assets were lent to us from a small group of private collectors who when combined make up everything needed to make a screen accurate puppet. For the robes and accessories we patterned the originals to make exacting copies. The outer robe in the pics is my personal robe being used as a stand in since there wasn't enough time to weather the accurate prototype and it looked horrible with him wearing clean robes.

Cool beans!

Gotta ask bro any time frame on when this maybe released?

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'm swamped here at the show and getting a good wi if connection is a pain but I'll definitely make a thorough post as soon as I get back.
This yoda early prototype is made from production made parts acquired directly from Stuart freeborn before he passed. These freeborn assets were lent to us from a small group of private collectors who when combined make up everything needed to make a screen accurate puppet. For the robes and accessories we patterned the originals to make exacting copies. The outer robe in the pics is my personal robe being used as a stand in since there wasn't enough time to weather the accurate prototype and it looked horrible with him wearing clean robes.

Thanks for the brief insight.
I'm certain we're all eager to hear any further details you are able to share with regards this piece.

I haven't seen a 1:1 scale character I would be interested in buying until now...

I've always loved your Yoda, Gino, if it at least comes CLOSE to that, I'll be very happy and VERY interested in picking up...

This looks like the be all to end all of yodas. I never thought we'd see a screen cast one. Good one Gino and EFX. You guys take your time,but f&$k you really deliver the goods!!!;)

Ben

Yes... take the time it needs to get it right, but don't take too long... before my 3 year old goes to college please.

I haven't seen a 1:1 scale character I would be interested in buying until now...

I've always loved your Yoda, Gino, if it at least comes CLOSE to that, I'll be very happy and VERY interested in picking up...

If I'm not mistaken, Gino's personal Yoda is one of Cyberman's fantastic renditions. Therefor, theoretically, eFX's offering should be a more accurate representation. That being said, it's not all about the sculpt. The finishing work will play a very large part and it's unlikely the factory paint application will be anything close to what Gino achieved with his.

Looks awesome! Any details would be great! Will it have feet? And how posable will the head, hands and eyes be? Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, Gino's personal Yoda is one of Cyberman's fantastic renditions. Therefor, theoretically, eFX's offering should be a more accurate representation. That being said, it's not all about the sculpt. The finishing work will play a very large part and it's unlikely the factory paint application will be anything close to what Gino achieved with his.

So why should it be a more accurate version than Cybermans. If you have seen his Yoda please tell me what to make more accurate. Just because the eFX is coming from an original doesnt say it will be a more accurate representation of this character in the end.

Seeing how it is a puppet, looks like a wire armature will be the best way to "pose" him on display

Looks awesome! Any details would be great! Will it have feet? And how posable will the head, hands and eyes be? Thanks!

So why should it be a more accurate version than Cybermans. If you have seen his Yoda please tell me what to make more accurate. Just because the eFX is coming from an original doesnt say it will be a more accurate representation of this character in the end.

That sounds a bit silly to me. Are you saying the Cyberman/Gino Yoda can be better looking because it is fan finished and not factory finished?
Because what you said afterwards only makes sense in that context. Yes of course the EFX is going to be "more accurate" in every way by nature. It is cast from original;everything else is a fan sculpt. But is a fan made Yoda more likely to be finished with more love a skill than a factory? Absolutely.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back