Luke ESB light saber

Hi there,

last I read was replica hilt clip : Parks or get a real rather expensive Kobold flashgun and most accurate replica T-track : GINO

:)

Chaim

Don't want to hijack and I understand Gino's is meant to be more accurate but is the difference between his and Marv's that striking?

where can I find the hilt clip and the t-tracks for my saber build?

i am in the same exact boat as u right now. i want to build a esb saber, but blast-tech confirmed this morning he no longer makes the bus-chip and the kobold d-ring...

i also emailed parks, and havent heard anything back yet?

is there anyone reliable on supplying ESB stuff?

Don't want to hijack and I understand Gino's is meant to be more accurate but is the difference between his and Marv's that striking?

Absolutely. Mine is the only perfectly accurate t-track available.
I don't understand why anyone would want an off the shelf piece if it has all the incorrect proportions.
Unless they don't mind sacrificing accuracy for something less expensive.
But then you have a really nice saber or blaster with sub-standard accessories.

Sub standard I think is harsh, it may not be 100% fair point. However when its compared to what is on the MR Fett blaster (this has and is my only reference to what the track should be like) the profile and height appear to be correct. The width is off by about 2mm. The underside profile may differ subtly but when its stuck down, or put in the vents of a sterling its never seen.
At the end of the day the props I've put together (the few that there are) are on a shelf and make a great display piece I don't care for the 2mm.
In terms of price its what it would have cost me in the first place to buy your track - which I couldn't justify that led to me finding mine. At the same time I would never say don't buy your track because it costs too much.
The pictures in my signature show the couple of props I've made which use it, and the profile against the MR, are they really that bad?

I can appreciate both sides and it's good that people have the option to work with whatever fits their budget.

I would agree that "sub standard" is a little harsh and wouldn't appreciate the suggestion that someone's prop replicas were somehow inferior if they chose (for whatever reason) to go a different route to "the only perfectly accurate" item.

Cheers

Sorry Marv, I didn't mean for it to come across so harshly and I promise it's nothing personal. :)
But I frequently get asked about the differences and I just don't know any other way to put it without coming across as crapping on your stuff.

Let me try again.

If accuracy is super important to you, then the only track out there that is correct on all counts is the stuff I have.
If accuracy is not that important to you and you want something less expensive, then Marv's stuff is a better fit for you.

@ JetSetWilly
A less accurate prop would surely be considered inferior to an accurate prop in the eyes of anyone who truly cares about having accurate props.

I'm sorry I'm alittle lost? Marv and Gino make kobolds d-rings? Or T hand grips?

I'm on my phone and having a hard time reading

They are both T-track guys...

I have a smaller vintage flash I want t-track for, so in that case, Marv's 2 mm difference is actually perfect!

They are both T-track guys...

I have a smaller vintage flash I want t-track for, so in that case, Marv's 2 mm difference is actually perfect!

cool, thank you for clearing that up. do they have websites where u can order their tracks? or is this something u PM them about? they both make ESB t-tracks?

cool, thank you for clearing that up. do they have websites where u can order their tracks? or is this something u PM them about? they both make ESB t-tracks?

They have threads in the junkyard, you could look up the threads for pics there.

You will have to cut your own grooves in the tracks, but yeah, they both send enough for ESB grips (6 Grips)

PMing them works as well.

I have a buttload (correct scientific term?) of nearly-there vintage circuit boards that I'm trimming down. PM me if interested,

does anyone have any specs on the kobold d-ring? i have a very good friend who is a machinist, and i was with him the last night and showed him a picture of the d-ring on my phone. he said if i could get him very detailed specs on the overall dimensions, he doesnt see why he cant tackle something like this.

and if i can get him to do this, i can mass produce these suckers for everyone

he said if someone has a CAD file on it, it would be perfect

he doesnt see why he cant tackle something like this.

and if i can get him to do this, i can mass produce these suckers for everyone

he said if someone has a CAD file on it, it would be perfect

Do you know how excited this just made me? The only source I know of right now (other than original pieces) is Parks and...well I'm not too fond of them, most people aren't. I hope this moves forward!

hes serious, if someone can make the kobold in CAD i can have my buddy whip them out for us, the more he whips out the cheaper they will cost

my only problem is i dont know the dimensions to the kobold, and i dont know or own CAD :(

if i can get the dimensions of the kobold, then might be able to find someone who can put it into cad for me, maybe i should start a "official dimensions of the Kobold D-ring" thread?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back