Salt Lake City Comic Con 2013 -1st year Con for Utah

woffpack

Wondering if any RPF members are going?

It is a 1st year Con for Utah, but since I haven't ever made it to a Con I have nothing to compare it to. The guest list is small so far, but not bad (and will hopefully grow) and it sounds like it should be fun for a small place like SLC.

Here is the url:

Home | Salt Lake Comic Con GEEX

The guest list is growing every day -very cool. William Shatner and Ray Park (Darth Maul) are now coming. I am still crossing my fingers for Stan Lee :)

I'm always down for another road trip to Utah, to support the state that supports my right to carry...
However being one week after DragonCon, I don't see how I could possibly make it. :(

34 days to go! Probably a few more big guests to be announced, Jessica Nigri was just barely announced.

Pretty sweet line-up for a first year con:
William Shatner (Captain Kirk), Adam West & Burt Ward (original Batman & Robin), Adrian Paul (Highlander TV series), Dirk Benedict & Richard Hatch (Starbuck & Apollo from original Battlestar Galactica), Kevin Sorbo (Hercules), Lou Ferrigno (Original Hulk TV Series), Manu Bennett (Spartacus, Arrow, Azog from the Hobbit), and Ray Park (Darth Maul).

I noticed that Stan Lee is booked for Baltimore Con (Saturday and Sunday).. maybe there is still a small bit of hope that he could show up for Thursday but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.

My wife and I will both be going. We just started building her a Samus Aran suit to wear (yeah, last minute, I know). I just got done making the thread to the build if you want to see it :)

My wife and I will both be going. We just started building her a Samus Aran suit to wear (yeah, last minute, I know). I just got done making the thread to the build if you want to see it :)

Great build thread so far -can't wait to see more as you go. Hope to see you guys at the con.

My wife and I will be there. I'll be spending a lot of time at the Rebel Legion booth, they're sharing their booth space with me and some other R2 builders (aelfinn you've got a PM). My wife is organizing the 501st Droid Hunt. Be sure to stop by the 501st booth on Thu or Fri and pick up your Droid Hunt badge, then play in the Droid Hunt on Saturday!

My wife and I will be there. I'll be spending a lot of time at the Rebel Legion booth, they're sharing their booth space with me and some other R2 builders (aelfinn you've got a PM). My wife is organizing the 501st Droid Hunt. Be sure to stop by the 501st booth on Thu or Fri and pick up your Droid Hunt badge, then play in the Droid Hunt on Saturday!

I just noticed that the Vendor List is up on their website -didn't realize the 501st was on the list until I saw your post. Looks like its the Alpine Garrison, but will there be some Timberline mixed in? I will definitely be dropping by the booth (#1125 according to the Vendor List). I didn't see the Rebel Legion booth listed, is it part of the 501st booth space?

Yep, a few Timberline members will be making the trip down and helping the Alpine Garrison out. As I mentioned there will be a droid hunt as well as a blast-a-trooper. The RL and Mando Mercs are organizing a jail-and-bail as well.

Not sure why the RL isn't listed, I'll have to check with their person and find out.

I just noticed that the Vendor List is up on their website -didn't realize the 501st was on the list until I saw your post. Looks like its the Alpine Garrison, but will there be some Timberline mixed in? I will definitely be dropping by the booth (#1125 according to the Vendor List). I didn't see the Rebel Legion booth listed, is it part of the 501st booth space?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ok I checked the vendor list. The Rebel Legion is listed as "Rogue Base" in booth spaces 1115,1117,1119.

Ok I checked the vendor list. The Rebel Legion is listed as "Rogue Base" in booth spaces 1115,1117,1119.

Awesome! And looks like "Krayt Clan Mandalorian Mercs" is next to them in booth 1121. I'm getting very stoked. I hope the Con announces that the 501st will be there via Facebook and/or their website -I only found out from this thread and that is a piece of information that needs to be shared.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back