Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build PICS PAGE 5

Re: Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build PICS 11/28

So I'm looking for a flat black center, with the edges going from blue to purple to yellow.
Id like to make it as subtle as possible, so the look I want will have more flat black but Aaron, if you have the paints I could use them.
Hit me up sometime...

The next Monday I have off is Jan 2nd :/ Is that absolutely the only day in the week you can go to the shop?

Last edited:

The next Monday I have off is Jan 2nd :/ Is that absolutely the only day in the week you can go to the shop?

Unless I drive up myself on weekday evenings or Sundays - Mondays are the only day we typically do not have a perfomance at the theater so I hitch a ride with my pops to the shop.

Can't say it enough, Absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to seeing how the harness comes out and is attatched.

Can't say it enough, Absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to seeing how the harness comes out and is attatched.

Speaking of the harness, I'm going to need some help there.
I have a professional leather worker all lined up to replicate it for me, but right now I need as many reference photos as I can get my hands on.
I have found several decent ones through Google and Yahoo image searches, but I am going to NEED someone to adivse on some of the details like how exactly the harness should attach to the pack (this way, the leatherworker can make appropriate design elements to accomidate the bolts that will hold the harness to the pack)
Also, I am on the lookout for suitable buckles to use.
As we all know, the waist buckle used on the original is about as rare as an item can get, so I will need an appropriate "close enough" alternative.
Any and all help is appreciated.
:thumbsup

I never posted this here, but I have a 4-part video documenting my build.
Check out my YouTube channel:
general2step's Channel - YouTube
I tend to ramble on and sometimes I don't know what to say (even though I'm an actor, most of the time I'm no good without a script) but these vids show pretty well the process I went through.
I'm still regretting not getting any video or photos of the raw kit before I did all the trimming.

So it looks like I am going to have to put the Harness on hold until I can get my jacket tailored. I want to make sure the straps line up inbetween the bib buttons before I have anything made.
Any reference photos on the jacket OR if anyone has an accurate pattern to share PLEASE DO!!

So it looks like I am going to have to put the Harness on hold until I can get my jacket tailored. I want to make sure the straps line up inbetween the bib buttons before I have anything made.
Any reference photos on the jacket OR if anyone has an accurate pattern to share PLEASE DO!!

Are you looking at creating your own jacket or purchasing a jacket from a known dealer?

Are you looking at creating your own jacket or purchasing a jacket from a known dealer?

The only known dealer I know of is Magnoli since AbbyShot does not do the jackets anymore.
There is a woman at my work who specializes in leatherwork and has ample experience making leather jackets. I am going to gather as much reference photos as I can and have her make my replica - this way, I can work closely with her in person and approve leather samples and get the fit right.
I want to make sure that the harness' lower strap hits inbetween the bib buttons just right.
I am also pondering how to attach the harness to the pack. I was told the original had a fiberglass shell inbetween the pack and harness?

that is the first pack i have seen that actually looks like metal.

not too shiny not to dull, just perfect.

-z

The only known dealer I know of is Magnoli since AbbyShot does not do the jackets anymore.
There is a woman at my work who specializes in leatherwork and has ample experience making leather jackets. I am going to gather as much reference photos as I can and have her make my replica - this way, I can work closely with her in person and approve leather samples and get the fit right.
I want to make sure that the harness' lower strap hits inbetween the bib buttons just right.
I am also pondering how to attach the harness to the pack. I was told the original had a fiberglass shell inbetween the pack and harness?

The best jacket on the market is the predicta jacket. I think he needed two or three more people to do one more run. There is already one other rpf interested in the run, so I can put you in contact with that member. He was looking for other people interested a month or so ago.

Working with a leather worker is a great idea for trying to get it to fit properly, but not sure how accurate she can get it.....would be nice to see her try though....

The fiberglass shell was in the harness....I actually own a first or second generation production shell molded to fit billy Campbell's back.....

sent you a pm regarding the lower harness buckle

Let me know about that jacket.
If you also know what I should do about the fiberglass shell, Id like to have that in my harness.

Definitely paying attention. I've been putting off this project for the longest time

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back